Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Here you go, proof that everyone wants granite…

Scroll down 7 or 8 pictures, the one with the caption “Completely refurbished home”, lists granite countertops, only $69,900 and rent the spot it sits on for $380 a month.

Al,

great find Al, i just want to explain to you that there is a difference between Trailer parks and Mobile home parks. trailer parks are usually full of rednecks that create comedy for jeff foxworthy etc, mobile home parks are full of seniors who play shuffleboard and Bingo at mobile home clubhouse. When granite happens to go into trailer parks…ya know where clotheslines connect to each trailer,etc…and some of em have a family tree that does not fork, That is a trailer park.if granite hits real trailer parks, then we can get it into their home school buildings…..possible money makersee picture

Gene,

you are one to see the business opportunity here.

I think having granite in these homes would make them safer in high winds and tornados, heavier, less likey to fly off. Spilled alcohol will keep bacteria in check, bullet holes provide sufficient ventilation for the radon gas produced and it would make an excellent work surface for making meth. Plus, any fatalities will have their own mourge slab already on site, then it can be used as a head stone.

Not a coffin though, that would be the ultimate humiliation. It would take more than six pallbearers, and I doubt you would get that many of their friends away from the Jerry Springer show or “rasslin” to have a proper burial..

AL, Now thats funny… the new Jerry Springer Granite series, Come on his show get a free slab of redneck Granite. I wonder if you can iron clothes on granite? Can you change diapers on it or only after its sealed properly? will it cause the warranty to void or just make the countert stink?? But i am thinking serious about the Iron thing, that would be a serious question to test if it leaves a mark…steam or not to steam….i know,i know real rednecks don’t use an Iron, they use a brick that was in the fire, i aint stupid ya know!….What would an Iron do to all tops? SS might blister, Mica, turn yellow before blister pop, Quartz might start smelling like Gummy bears, Granite might leave iron marks, If water is below the Iron in the crevices and fissures, what might happen? good question to to do a quick and cheap redneck countertop material test,just a thought, i might try it if get time to in the week

David Gerard

IF YOUR COUNTER TOP DOUBLES AS A HEADSTONE…….YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK!

IF YOU SHARE A CLOTHES LINE WITH YOUR CLOSEST NEIGHBOR USING ONLY 6′ OF OLD 12/2 WIRE…..YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK! I gotta getta life!

David, you got one its all fun here in Trailer park central…If people fingd out that granite is in trailer parks, ah man there is gonna be some pissed off people wondering why they paid 17K for tops and Billy bob paid 170 bux, The difference is price but they still get to brag to their neighbors with the same statement…i got granite countertops….Granite is granite to customers only we know the difference….yup igot granit too….yee-haw

Tom M

Meh, I’ve put many a solid surface top in Mobil Homes. All this does for stone is provide more places for stone to get sold. Good on ’em, I say.

It does give a huge boost to the use of granite as an everyday top material. Solid surface went through it in the 90’s, stone gets it now.

baez10

Gotta do a mail out to some of those trailer parks….

More granite trailer houses

gotta love Ebay

For the nautical minded

And my favorite, a twofer

And never one to wast good info and an opportunity.

Jeff Moga

Cute!

Formaldihyde and Radon – a winning combination!

btw We only recommend good china blanks in da mobile home!

Troy Keilig

Not a bad return 69,000 mobile home bought in Florida and the developer pays 1,000,000 a piece.

Anybody else see that on 20/20 a while back?

Guys I have alot of mobile homes i pass on my way to work and about three trailer parks, i think if granite is in all of those too….sound like Graniteers are still going to be making lots of money, thats alot of mobile homes,I m not sure that is insulting to granite, maybe the rich customers who bought it for their penthouse might feel humbled, but i know the trailer parks are still gonna have that white mica with the speckeld gold flake on it and the screwed in metal edge

Tom M

Kevin,

What I don’t get, after reading more and more comments to homeowners on these sites, is when a stone fab guy/gal obfuscates the sealant and bacteria issues. While it is not a lie to remark that some stones don’t need sealant, it is a very limited group. That info is almost always put out as if it kills the argument. What’s up with that?

The idea that stone can’t harbor (note, I did not say feed) bacteria is rather specious as well. Again, some stones are resistant, but that hardly negates the point. Yet the stone folks say it as if it settles the issue.

As for the new kick about resin (I know, it’s been around a long time, but it is only recently getting heavy notice), why bother putting a resin on your surface if there wasn’t an issue in the first place? I’m not trying to be flip, here, but it seems as though a lot of these posters are arguing partial points and claiming that dissent on that is simply not acceptable.

This is the frustrating part about about there being so many variables in stone and how it reacts/behaves. Nothing wrong with pointing out these facts, but if it addresses only 10 – 20% of the issue at hand, then it doesn’t fully address the issue.

Am I reading this wrong?

Tom M

…but i know the trailer parks are still gonna have that white mica with the speckeld gold flake on it and the screwed in metal edge…

Gene,

Let me know if I missed any:

Formica had White Sequin – just a #60, or ‘furniture’ finish (as were all these white with gold fleck patterns).

Formica then had the same pattern, but added a wispy, willowy bunch of stringies and called it White Spindrift,

WilsonArt had, I believe, Frosty White Lame’ (le May).

How’d I do?

Can’t remember what Pionite, Nevamar, Textolite, and Micarta had. (Textolite – remember Textolite? Had that bee in the logo, that was GE’s foray into hpl).

al wrote

Here you go, proof that everyone wants granite…

Al, dear, it is never very good to be over critical of your own handiwork

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.