Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Don’t know how many of you have received this from Russ but thought I’d pass it along.

Our prayers and best wishes go out to Kevin, his son, and his family .

GEMSTONE
    Rich Magee

Dear Friend,

A week ago, Kevin Cole’s 18 year-old son, Aron, was hit by a drunk driver. Aron suffered severe head injuries and has been on the brink of death ever since with less than a 20% chance of surviving. He had just celebrated his 18th birthday the week before.

Kevin, editor of Countertops & Architectural Surfaces magazine and valued ISFA staff member, is a single father with two additional children at home, ages 12 and 13. He is doing all he can to be a Dad to the younger children and still be there for his son, who is in a hospital three hours from home. It is a very difficult time for Kevin and his family. I know he would appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

The man who hit Aron had just gotten his license back three days earlier after having had it suspended. The night of the wreck he was kicked out of two bars before getting into his car. He ran a stop sign and hit Aron. At this point it is not clear if the driver even had insurance.

To assist Kevin with his mounting expenses ISFA has set up a fund. If you wish to contribute CLICK HERE. Please know that 100% of the funds will go to Kevin’s family.

Kevin has many responsibilities to juggle and he asks his friends and colleagues in the decorative surfacing industry to have patience and bear with him as he works through this crisis. I would also recommend that you do not call Kevin on his phone due to the abundance of distractions he already faces. What he needs most now is your support and prayers.

Sincerely,

Russ Lee
    ISFA Executive Director

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I just heard. Our thoughts are with you and your family Kevin.

I am so sorry to hear of your tradgey, We will be praying for you and your family Kevin.

Lenny E

Kevin,

I got the news by email this morning. We will keep you, your son and your family in our prayers.

Jon Olson
    Kevin Our thoughts and prayers are with you here at Sterling Surfaces. We pray that you and your family will  find comfort . Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

Attn fabricators community. I’ve gotten to know Kevin quite well over the years. If any of us was in a time of need Kevin would be one of the first to lend a hand. We now have an opportunity to show Kevin how much we care about Him and his family.

Please be generous with your donations. Kevin has so much to worry about as the letter told us. Helping financially will left one burden off of his shoulders so he can stay focused on helping his son.

Wags

I got the email and called ISFA right away, it’s very simple to help out a good friend to our industry, plus, it makes ya feel good. Kevins son Aron and the whole Cole family are in my prayers.

Norm Walters

Kevin, Susan and my heart go out to you and your family. If you get a chance and want to talk, call me.

Like we all feel..I am truly hurt over this…keep us posted

Jon Olson
    Hello everyone a little up-date on Kevin’s son Aaron.

Aron continues to hold on. In the past couple of days the doctors have had to perform two emergency operations to keep blood flowing properly and to eliminate clots. Currently, they are talking about going another 7-10 days and then cutting back on the sedatives to see if Aron will revive. Until then, it’s just a waiting game, hoping that the body will begin to heal itself.

The police are still not certain whether the driver who hit Aron has insurance. Kevin says they are being very cautious with the investigation to be certain the guy doesn’t get off the hook on a technicality. For his part, the driver is not cooperating at all. The hospital treating Aron is a Catholic hospital, which apparently has a foundation to assist financially with cases like Aron’s. The main goal right now is to make sure Kevin has plenty of expense money, which he says he does. Many thanks to all of those who have helped with the fund. It is HUGE. It allows Kevin to attend to day-to-day affairs without worry about how he will pay for the constant comings and goings.

Wags

Jon Thanks for the update, Aron will continue to be in my prayers. I will withhold any comment on the drunk that hit him. Perhaps one day we will treat this as the crime it is, no different than picking up a gun and shooting someone to me.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I heard the good news. Nice to know there is still hope for Aron and it seems Kevin is in good spirits considering the circumstances.

Jeff Handley

The Cole Family is in our thoughts and prayers. We hope that other industry friends will also donate to this worthy cause. Let’s hope the healing comes quick, and the fund lasts long.

Tom M

Jon, that is good to hear. I pray it gets better.

Lenny E

Jon,

Thank you so much for keeping us posted on Aarons condition. We will continue to pray for a speedy recovery.

David Gerard

Get well Aaron,  hang in there Kevin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.