Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

TO All Who veiw

It may be early but with the Thanksgiving Day deadlines coming due I thought I better say it now or I may not have time later.

To all I hope you have a great day of family fun relaxation and do not eat to much of Grandmas pie so others can share to. Safe travels and enjoy I jnow I will

Reuben

Back at ya Reuben. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Mory Ludwick

DITTO

Mory

Tom M
    Back at ya.
    Same to all the members of the FabNet Universe.

Tom

Shane Barker

Here are some quotes I found;

Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence. ~Erma Bombeck

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~John Fitzgerald Kennedy

What we’re really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets. I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving? ~Erma Bombeck, “No One Diets on Thanksgiving,” 26 November 1981

If turkeys thought, they’d run away,
    A week before Thanksgiving Day.
    But turkeys can’t anticipate,
    And so there’s turkey on my plate!

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Shane

<!–, in Forever, Erma: America’s Best-Loved Writing from America’s Favorite Humorist, 1996; CTO–>

You forgot one Shane.

“Don’t burn the bird” ~FEDSAWDAVE

Norm Walters

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my old friends and new and their families. And the only way to cook a turkey is deep frying it, until you’ve had one, you don’t know what you are missing. One suggestion though, lay off the brewskies till the turkey is done or you WILL be calling the fire department.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks to the Indians and the Pilgrims. I am probably leaving someone out here, but you get the idea.

Happy Thanksgiving

Chris Yaughn

When your all done eating and youv’e still got enough food left to feed an Army think about making a tray and taking it to a local charity. We take items to the local shelter for battered women and they reaally appreciate the thought. Especially this time of year.

Chris

Amen Chris! We help our local Metropolitan Ministries with their food drive. They feed 1000’s at this time of year in the Tampa Bay area.

Tom M
    Norm,
    You are so right about the deep-fried turkey.
    Watch this video.

Tom

Well Tom, I do like my turkey well done!

BTW, used the White Castle hamburger stuffing method again yesterday…briillllliant!

CFM Stone

Tom,

Thanks for the video link. Interesting, I guess someone out there is stupid enough to put a half frozen turkey in a pot of boiling oil. Question to you though, I’ve always used peanut oil but this year I’ve noticed alot of cottonseed oil on the shelves. Have you tried this oil and if so, which oil did you like best.

Deep fried turkeys rule. 3 minutes a pound and no heating the house up, doesn’t tie up the oven for hours and best of all……..it’s cool!

Happy Holidays!

Wes

STW

Dave,

Hate to say this man but “white castle stuffing”? What”s up with that? You go through the drive through window, order a box of burgers and smash up in a cuisinart at home. Please tell me your not making this for the annual Christmas party.

Norm Walters

Wes, the reason for peanut oil is that is has a higher flash point than vegetable oil. The flash point of cottonseed oil may be higher too, I don’t know.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.