Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Wags

JOe, I don’t know what your paying, but I was paying $600 a sheet for Corian in 1980, prices have dropped dramatically across the board. As far as making money and volume shops. If anyone ever comes to Arizona, I’ll be happy to take you to a shop that does almost every HD in Arizona, Plus, they do more than that in commercial work. They are the low cost provider in the country to HD, have some of the highest scores for customer satisfaction and they make great money.. I had a long talk with the owner and he would love to share his sucess with others, but, as I pointed out, the one big difference is HIM. He is always looking at how he can cut 50 cents out of his costs so he can lower his price and allow more customers to afford Solid Surface. He is automated but not more than any other shop, he is very organized and the company is extremely well run. He also pays his workers more than the going rate. How do you bottle a person? He does only Solid Surface, no granite, no quartz, no laminate. It would suprise you what his volume is.

And I would dare say Arizona is as competitive of a market as anywhere.

Ju-hyun Cho

Well then Wags, if he’s always looking to cut that extra 50 cents, give him my number (yeah right) and I’ll squeeze every nickel out of every distributor that calls on him by simply quoting him on existing use items!

I love cheap guys…

Tom M

Wags,

I’m sure he is very successful, and has a better bottom line than I’ll ever have, but don’t think we look at jobs the same way.

I agree with your statement on another thread about fabricators in business not necessarily being good at business, but it is not all bad on their part, just less profitable.

And that’s fine with most of us.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.