Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

I was informed that a Ct fabrication company is looking to get out of a lease it has for a CNC router for stone.

It is a Park machine, but I am not sure what the model is. The notice said there was about $210,000 left – a great deal if it is a better Park machine, and might be assumed for that.

I will forward contact info if anyone is interested.

Sorry Andy, Mory, there were too many places to put this so I picked here.

Tom

Jon Olson

Hey Tom. Why are they getting out of Stone?

Tom M

Jon,

Please understand this is only a guess but, remember the commercial featuring the homeowner with the beautiful house cars, wife, etc. When they ask: “How does he do it?” he says “I’m in debt to my eyeballs!”.

Yeah, I think it’s like that

Overleveraging. Ask your Parksite rep – he can fill you in on this one.

Tom

Joe Corlett

All:

You can’t read about the builders trying to exact concessions from fabricators and the 60% drop in new home construction without seeing symptoms like this. I’m sure it’s safe to say we’ll be seeing much more of this and soon.

Joe

Tom M

Joe,

We do seem to be getting to the point where this stuff will be showing up on the market. Sort of like the V-groovers and polythrms of the solid surrface era.

If I was going to fabricate stone, I would have – or should have – made that decision five or seven years ago. Maybe in the future when this equipment will be older, but half of this kind of price.

I did not include in the original post that this machine is only two years old.

Tom

David Hunt

It’s happening all over because of greed like this.

http://bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/local/16504432.htm

Local cabinet guy stuck with $500,000.00 of installed cabinets that he’ll never get paid for.

JasonCarr

Go to the link and type in keyword: Coast Bank.

Mory Ludwick

Tom

Forward contact info to Me.

Mory

Joe Corlett

FEDSAWDAVE wrote

Go to the link and type in keyword: Coast Bank.

Dave:

I did as you suggested and got nowhere. Please elucidate.

Joe

Chris Yaughn

Joe,

I did the same. The second or third listing is about a bank that is having issues as lots of it’s borrowers are tangled up w/ a builder going belly up. I’m guessin’ Dave knows the story a little more intimatly than we do. Of course, I’m just guessin’

Chris

Norm Walters

I would say it’s the banks fault, they are called completion draws for a reason.

Tom M

Mory,

Sorry for the delay, I was incommunicado over the weekend.

I will try to get that info to you, as I am slowly getting more detail.

The CNC is a Destiney Series, about $275,000 new, or so they tell me.

Not sure about bits, etc, but rem,ember – you

Tom M

Wow,

screwed up the ending on the above post.

Mory, the info is a bit under the hat at the moment, but I should be getting the direct contact info very soon. Interesting story behind this one. Apparently the machine is only about a year and a half old.

Tom

Shaahin Kia

I had a stone and estone sales guy tell me that the only customers they had that paid their bills on time were the guys with hand tools. He said the cnc guys couldn’t pay a 2000 invoice on time. Now I know that a cnc is a big advantage, I would love to have one, but is it that it is only one process in many that must be done. Is the polising, templating, installing, selling and so on leaving these machines sitting idle much of the time?

I can see that happening in a cabinet shop with a cnc, but then I don’t own one so what do I know.

Obviously there are some sucessfull guys here that are making it with their solid surface business and cnc, so what is the difference?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.