Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

vagraves wrote

Steve

You have some excellent ideas on how to “sell the boss” into purchasing hot vehicles for the company. So, help me out here if you would. I need to “sell” Andy into buying me a Porsche. After all I am the one and only outside sales rep. What do you think?

I will be anxiously awaiting your imput!

Val

OM

This is too easy. Make sure that the customer always sees you drive up in the car. I think something like this will serve you better. Notice how good it looks on a jobsite. Most people see a Porsche as a generic vehicle and would not know the supercar status of the one I drive. The Benz will give you more of a WOW image, and it’s roomier too.

My customers(millwork/solidsurface fabrication) often see me drive up to a jobsite in the Benz or Porsche. When they make a comment I always have the answer ready, “well, you do want to do business with a successful company don’t you? This will help you close more sales and add to the bottom line.

PS

I really do say that to my clients

Almost forgot this. I think the part about having a driver for the template guy could be a good idea if you are using some sort of electronic templating. Something like a minivan with a custom desk setup in back would work fine. Get a wireless card for your laptop and you are good to go.

Save the Benzs for the sales staff.

We dont need the wireless part of the templating, because we can not even start producing the ones templated for two to three days. We are setting up to do 7-10 a day and are actually starting that next week. The nice expensive car does portray a succesful company, I actually did talk to a granite company near me and they felt the same way. The owner had a Porsche and his salesman has a nice mercedes as well. But for each to have both…. wow. However, the truck is a real attention getter, plus job sites like yours above are not a big deal to a truck.

John

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.