Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Louie

Hi,
    I would like to know how do you cut the dust fact, what kind of system do you use. I’m  setting a very small stone shop, two  kitchens a week,  any web sites
    with good prices
    thank you

Louie

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Your best bet to eliminate the dust in a granite shop is to cut wet. It is a little more hassle but will protect the workers and lengthen the life of your tools.

leolee

I have a question about reduced the sound(noisy) of those hand polisher and grinder in the warehouse.
    do any one know which type of polisher and grinder produce less sound
    please help
    leolee1989@gmail.com

Build a quicl 2 x 4 room…foam up the walls..it may resembel a giant spray booth..buut the sound will at least muffle

Tom M

Ear protection is an absolute must for the fabricators.

David Gerard

got me some NRBQ piped through mine with the Ipod. My brother is always wondering what the hell im listening to boppin my head around.

Tom M

Good Lord, man! That brought me back. Every New Years eve they would play at the Agora West Hartford. What a show! I saw them play with Carl Perkins at one gig, and the Killer, Jerry lee Lewis at another. Watching Terry Adams and Jerry Lee riff off each other on dueling rockabilly pianos was one of the highlights of my concert life.
    Remember the Wildweeds with Al Anderson? Good times, man, good times.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Is it the noise from the grinder or noise from the grinding disc removing material on the granite?

I can’t imagine the actual grinder making that much noise by itself.

Why are you trying to reduce the noise?

Oldryder

2 kitchens a week can be done by hand with a Sector or similar hand router and a rail saw.  you’ll have $10 – $20k in this option plus install stuff, hand grinders, adhesives, tooling, and a hoist of other stuff.

However, given the glut of good used equipment you could get a used Cougar/Sierra bridge saw for about $15k and a used wizard for another $10k.  I know from experience you can do 3-4 kitchens a week with 2 or 3 shop guys and do an exceptionally nice job on sink cutouts and curved edge profiles using templates and the wizard.

Either way you’ll spend another several thousand outfitting your install vehicle and buying the long list of various shop supplies. 

Viewing 9 posts - 46 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.