Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author

Seth, did you use a 5″ diamond contour blade on a VS grinder? And yes, it is not complicated with the right diamond tooling.

Seth Emery

Dave,

I’m not quite sure of the size of blade that was used because I did not do this first-hand. I did get the basics though, which included the cutout being roughed out and then finished with a flush cutting tool which ran against a plywood template that I made the program for. Then it was polished. I hope to get some first-hand experience soon.

Have a good one,
    Seth

Hi Seth,

I think if your guy takes 3-4 hours to fab an undermount sink that it should be absolutely pefect. There are some tricks that I can show you to shave about 2-3 hours off that time and have excellent results. However it will require a few diamond tools from FEDSAWDAVE to get you started.

Hi Andy,

I can give you alot of tips about how to setup a very economical shop that can run very well with just a few workers and minimal tooling. I feel that I have minimalized the amount of hand tooling needed for fabrication to a very reasonable level and you should be able to get every thing from FEDSAWDAVE. Email me and I will be glad to discuss my method with you. I am very efecient and most of my edges do not need any enhancers. The awesome thing is that I do not use any grinding wheels at all! This cuts production time in half and cuts the dust factor down by nearly 75%!!!

Always glad to help.

EMC.THM@gmail.com

Mory Ludwick

King of Rock

Will you e-mail me your Phone # mory@premiercountertops.com

Mory

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

King of Rock,

Thanks for the info. Right now I am trying to focus on Solid Surface. I think I gave up on the Granite idea for awhile until I get my Solid Surface shop running real smooth.

I will keep your email for the future.

Travis save yourself an ucler and look at providing yourself with a digital template machine. You can print the work your doing and save yourself the eventual blame game between you and the facbricator.

Andy,

No problem. If you ever decide to start fabricating the original solid surface then I will be glad to help.

Matt Kraft

king of rock wrote

Andy,

No problem. If you ever decide to start fabricating the original solid surface then I will be glad to help.

Nobody read this “The original solid surface”????

We can’t let this newbie get away with that, can we?

Nick Marvich

HELL NO !

Joe Corlett

king of rock wrote

Andy,

Good one King.

You’ll fit right in here.

Joe

brian hall

Dear King, the problem with your “original solid surface” crowd is it is inhabited by some of the sleaziest bottom feeding scum that I’ve ever had the displeasure of doing business with! “Fabricators” that will push unsealed Chinese crap and take a persons money while sticking a knife in their back. Granite dude will get theirs in the end.

Solid Surface fabricators take the high road and eventually, while on that road, will kick a few rocks off the ledge to put granite dude where he blelongs, in the ditch !

Tom M

So Dave, you don’t think there are many hack solid surface fabricators? Tell it to the lady whose top, after I inspected it, was determined rather quickly to have been made upside down.

tim farr

Have I ever told the story of the top we fixed that still had the plastic attached to the back side of the vertical edge? Even where it was butt jointed? Nice white top with black lines on all the corners……..

Chris Yaughn

Al,

I think that does ring a bell.

On the way home from the expo I stopped for gas at a flying J or T&A or something. I don’t know that I had ever seen a failed ss top in person (or atleast noticed it). But, after some of the demos at the show I got to looking at the buffet, counter, bar etc.. at the truck stop. EVERY corner on the buffet had a crack. EVERY inside corner on the bar had a crack, One end of the check out counter looked like the original buildup was too big. I think they routed off all they could (left basically an onion skin) to make it fit.

Great seams on the stacked edge though.

All I could think was, “Man, who was the GC that signed off on all of this.” Makes the things I sweat seam trivial

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.