Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    NuCarve

It is rough, needs some proof reading and neatened up, but it is there.

solidsurfacealliance.org

If anyone has any other info either pro solid surface or negative other products, send it to me and I will get it posted.

Any info there is free for all to use or link to. If you wish to trade links, please send me a request via email.

Thanks, AL.

Looks good Al and very professional, just say the word when you need my services.
    Al i also like an article from Joanna Duggan from the Nov/dec 2006 page 8 From Sf magazine..it’s titled “IN DEFENSE OF SOLID SURFACE”…i’m sure you’ll like it..I don’t know how to link all the articles similar yet..but i will..take care Al

Megy

“Cosentino’s new Sensa granite product?” Utter bullspit. It is nothing more than stone coated with DRYTREAT’s STAINPROOF which has been available for years but the majority of stone dudes are to cheap to spend $199.00 PER GALLON for the highest quality sealer on the market!!

So, Consentino’s boyz coat a slab of stone with STAINPROOF and charge you what??

PG&S

Gene,

I need help on the website, but don’t know how to enable others to be able to work on it. I would love to know how to send out copies for modification.

Any ideas?

The Duggan article. If you read one of the posts that was in the old community project section, got transfered to the new section, you will find that that artilcle was one of the reasons all this testing and gathering of info got started. I swiped the name of her article for the project, with apologies to her.

Gene, would you be willing to serve as a treasurer? Basically just look over the bank account once a week and report back to the group that the money is where it should be? It will take a few hours a month to do. Not responsible for any money, just watching the person responsible for the money.

Thanks, AL.

It would be a pleasure and an Honor to serve….Just send me the tasks and I’ll prepare a monthly report

Tom M

Al,

You need an ftp program. You should have the passcodes to get in, and the ftp program will ask for it. You can get ws_ftp free online. Once you set it up, we can get the right codes and download/upload as well. You don’t want to have two people working the same pages (connected through links as well) at the same time.

Tragedy will result.

Much mayhem.

Film at 11:00 kind of stuff.

B Dillon

I figured out how to set up ftp acces, did so for Norm. I got stuck on trying to get him to be able to actuall access the site himself, which Yahoo seems to be unable to do without giving him access to all my email and shop website.

I’ll figure out how to get the files of the individual pages and it sounds like they can be modified or reworked and uploaded via ftp at will.

I’ll check out that ftp program. I take it I can send you something and you can make it better?

thanks for the info.

Al

Tom M

I take it I can send you something and you can make it better?

Ha! No promises, my friend. I will try.

maryjune206

Tom, did you get the email with ftp info?

Russ Lee

Got access to the site figured out thanks to Norm. The two of us worked it over, but ran out of pictures of solid surface projects. If anyone has any nice shots of their work, please email them to us. Some shop photo’s would be nice as well, showing some of the cool tools that we use. If you can put your webiste on the photo, please do.

Look over the site and let me know of any ideas or concerns.

Thanks,

Al

Paul Bingham

Al and Norm,

The site is looking great! Sorry I havn’t been much help the last couple of weeks. We have been working 12 to 15 hour days getting ready for and setting up our CNC. The next two weeks we will be going crazy getting a backlog of jobs out that have piled up while we transition. After that I will have time to help you guys. Just let me know what to do.

Paul

allen kafka

Paul,

Write an article about the transition, what went well and what you would do different. Send it to Andy and I bet he could use it here or send it over to Surfaces.

Take care of business, we will be here when you get caught up.

Get some rest one of these days…..

I added a page that tells why solid surface is better than granite. Many of the links don’t work, the ones in red are just place markers as I wrote it. I posted what I had done tonight, thought it was pretty helpful to those selling against granite.

Check out the new page at solidsurfacealliance.org

Gordon Doull

Al –

The site looks great. I wish you all the best in your endevour to make it a reliable countertop information resource.

I had a question about the 400 degree reference on the “materials” page that seems to quote Wikipedia. That sure is a lot hotter than the 190 degrees that some manufacturers agree is the maximum temp exposure they want to warrant.

I only bring it up as we regularly fix damage that occurs at less 225 degrees. 400 seems awfully hot. Thoughts??

I agree, Gordon, but Russ wrote it and I didn’t want to be the one to question someone who has been in the middle of solid surface for so many years.

We found that a trivet with felt bumper feet, polyester, would thermoform with a pot of boiling water, sag down till the center touched, making it bowl shaped a small amount. I would imagine a top would do the same.

I will email Russ and get permission to edit that peice. I bet he was referring to thermoforming temps. I have very little experience in that process.

Thanks for pointing it out.

Al

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.