Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Norm,

It is Tech Products in Tampa but is stocked in their warehouse out of Orlando. Chris might be the Avonite guy for your area also.

John

Norm Walters

Thanks John, I deal with Tech Products all the time, you think they would have told me about it, but it’s like if you don’t ask the exact question, you won’t find what you are looking for.

Norm,

I am your contact for Avonite, I would be happy to assist in your needs. Just give me a call 813-385-6176 and let me know what you need.

Norm Walters

Thanks Chris, I will in the near future, haven’t had a chance to breathe lately though.

KCWOOD

I just returned from the IWF show in Atlanta. I ran across a one of the best undermount stainless steel sinks I have seen to date. (quality vs. price) 19ga- 18ga-16ga

These are offered by TBA inc. Anyone ever used these? I told them about this site and I believe they may place an ad/link here.

Some offset at less than $100 ea. 18ga

(Andy, can I post prices on this site?)

Kurt Bonk

KC,

What did you like about them so much. There are lots of 18 ga sinks out there. Was it the finish, what?

Kurt

Mory Ludwick

K C

Yes you can post Pictures. Lets have a Look.

Mory

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

kcwood wrote

(Andy, can I post prices on this site?)

KC,

Yea you can post prices of supplies and stuff as long as they are published prices that anyone could get if they called the manufacturer. And of course we can talk about what we charge our customer for the same sink.

KCWOOD

Kurt wrote

KC,

What did you like about them so much. There are lots of 18 ga sinks out there. Was it the finish, what?

Kurt

At the show in vegas, I saw many sinks that were cheap, in both finish, feel and price. These, looked great, had good sound dampening on the bottom, was 100% flat and less than $100 was good. I had just purchased a sink like this for about $94 more. That is what caught my eye. I felt this is a better sink than what I received. I’ll post their prices direct from their catalog tonight. Maybe I have been buying from the wrong place, but this seemed good to me. Their SS bar sink was $32.

KC

KCWOOD

Here are the sink prices. I’m sure they will send out a catalog on request.

TBA Inc 1-800-626-3525 Louisville, Ky

18ga undermount offset 37 x 21 106.94 31.5 x 20.5 offset $90.75

18 ga equal bowls 33 x 22 72.49 16 ga 32.25x 18.5 128.00

Jcristina wrote

Just checking first.

We used to use a good amount of their sinks but changed due to a few problems.

1. Even though the interior surface is acrylic, the back is fiberglass. Yes it is more thermoshock resistant but it is more brittle and not as strong. It will not hold a solid surface top flat and dont suggest putting a seam thru the sink area.

2. Because it thinner and not as rigid, if some one in the shop uses a bar clamp at all to mount, even a little pressure will deform and create stress in the sink. You can actually press with your hands and bend the sink.

3. Sometimes they would come in with a warp (slightly) and a little clamping pressure will deform it, and with the other above issues when you would roll it over to route and finish you will nitice a crack between the two bowls.

4. My biggest problem. It is vacuum formed from a 3/16″ pc of acylic. So the inside bottom corners of the bowl get very thin. We discovered this because an employee of mine dropped a little adhrsive in the bottom of the sink, when he tried to sand it out with some 60mic he went right thru it. I cut the bottom of the sink off to measure the thickness and those corners were measured in mils the same as a glue line not much.

Maybe they have fixed the problems.

John

John,

A while back you mentioned about the Karran sinks until I learned better are these the same problems you noticed with them. I have used both sinks ans I noticed they both have the same sticker on them so I was wondering if they had the same manufaturer.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.