Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

Are any of you other fabricators out there stocking sinks other than Corian, Staron, etc. that you are happy with. We are still looking for a decent priced solid surface sink that is made well, other than the big boys that is hard to find.

John

John,
    What type of sink are you looking for? We make a a bunch of different kinds in both kitchen and lav styles. drop me a line and we’ll compare notes.

Gabe

Hey John!

You might want to check out Integra sinks as well I thought their prices were pretty good and they offer some different choices like a triple solid surface kitchen sink. Their number is 800-774-1920.

Val

OM

We used to use the integra sinks in my old shop but had a couple of problems.

Gabe,

I prefer to have 100% acrylic sinks for the kitchen and baths but understand that most use a blend. Call me at the office and let me know what you have. I dont have your number. Mine (239) 334-1151

Thanks

John

Hey Jon,

Can you give me an idea of what type of problems you were having. I was considering trying them out, but not if they’re having problems.

Let me know,

Thanks

Val

OM

Not knowing what I can say about that in this forum you can call my office (239)-334-1151. They look good and are fairly easy to work with but it is whats underneath that bothered me.

John

Norm Walters

Andy, I’m curious about the problems with these sinks too, doubt if I am the only one. Is this something that can be talked about freely on here, to me it isn’t slander if it’s true.

Mory Ludwick

Jon & Norm

Tell it like it is. This is the Fabricators Form.

Mory

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

You can post about anything you like. If there is a problem, let us know. It is up to the vendors or manufacturers to fix the problem. Just be honest.

Just checking first.

We used to use a good amount of their sinks but changed due to a few problems.

1. Even though the interior surface is acrylic, the back is fiberglass. Yes it is more thermoshock resistant but it is more brittle and not as strong. It will not hold a solid surface top flat and dont suggest putting a seam thru the sink area.

2. Because it thinner and not as rigid, if some one in the shop uses a bar clamp at all to mount, even a little pressure will deform and create stress in the sink. You can actually press with your hands and bend the sink.

3. Sometimes they would come in with a warp (slightly) and a little clamping pressure will deform it, and with the other above issues when you would roll it over to route and finish you will nitice a crack between the two bowls.

4. My biggest problem. It is vacuum formed from a 3/16″ pc of acylic. So the inside bottom corners of the bowl get very thin. We discovered this because an employee of mine dropped a little adhrsive in the bottom of the sink, when he tried to sand it out with some 60mic he went right thru it. I cut the bottom of the sink off to measure the thickness and those corners were measured in mils the same as a glue line not much.

Maybe they have fixed the problems.

John

John,

We just started handling the Karran sink line. 50 year warranty and guaranteed not to stain. Give me a call if you need anything.

Chris Hyatt

Chris,

Would love information about the Karran sink line. Please email gravesvalerie@hotmail.com or fax 714-528-7114.

Thanks!

John: Thanks for the information too. You saved us some time and money!

Val

Olive Mill

Chris,

Nice to see you on here, but when are you going to stop by the new shop? I thought fort myers was in your territory.

John

I will be there this week.

Norm Walters

Chris, is there an Avonite distributor in Tampa?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.