Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

Chris (Crys Chris, Not Sanity Chris),

That sounds workable. We do have some high-grade crazy when it comes to our pricing. Just limiting it to estone, we have sheet plus labor, sq, ft. plus edge lin. ft., sq, ft only, etc. I take it these can be separated internally, as in different price structures for each brand, not just type?

Tom

You just enter your dimensions and it will work it for you based on the style top you have. The formula is in place to -25.5 (change this to whatever you make your depths) on “L” and “U” shaped tops….Let me know if you have any questions.

I don’t mind if you share it with Travis….Fabricator’s Helping Fabricator’s, Correct?

You see any changes that may make it better go ahead and change it, just drop a copy to me so I can use those changes also or

As I was saying….OR let me know and I will try and make those changes. Shew.. these computers drive me nuts sometimes!

Is QuickQuote for stone only or will also work for Solid Surface people like me?

Tom M

I’ll let Chris answer in detail, but it seems to work for laminate, stone, ss, anything that is countertop material, really. Go to their website and check it out. I thin you can download a demo copy, and they have a decent how-to vid online.

Tom

Tom M

Oh! Crys Chris – when we get the software – I have two-to-four people at any one time pricing jobs. I also price out of my home studio. Do we have to go all multi-licence with this, or can I just load the dang thing on the different computers. We are networked, except for my home studio, so we could work that way as well.

Tom

Chris

Everything is variable. You can price the countertop by the square foot and the splash by the linear foot and the edge by the linear inch, etc. This is variable by product/brand too. Some customers when they start out aren’t really sure what they want, so we ending up adding three “products” of the same brand, so they might have something like “Zodiaq 1, Zodiaq 2, and Zodiaq 3” for example. while they figure out what they like. For the Webinar I actually have a slide that has a categorical breakdown of some of the options.

Robert, QuickQuote can work for almost anything anything that comes in a sheet. The shop for which it was originally designed does Post Form, Laminate, Butcher Block, Solid Surface, and Engineered Stone, and they quote all of it from QuickQuote. I even have a customer waay across the way in Australia using materials that I’ve never even heard of and in metric too.

It would probably be good if we’re going to continue this discussion to create a QuickQuote thread so that we don’t hijack the Webinar thread any more than it is, and it’ll help consolidate the answers I’m giving you all so I don’t get carpal tunnel answering the same questions repeatedly. I know we had one in the Business 101 section going, but I imagine it would be better suited to the ETSS section.

Tom M

Kevin,

I hope you see this in time.

I registered from my shop for the webinar, but I will be working out of the home studio on Thursday. Can I re-register from the house?

Tom

Chris

Kevin may have a better answer for you Tom, but in case he doesn’t happen by before this afternoon, I believe you can log-in/register from any computer at any time up to and during the event.

Kevin or who ever can help,

I signed up for the webinar, but now will not be able to watch do to schedule changes. Will we be able to watch it later like we could the template one or was that only if we saw it the first time?

Wish me luck with my boys baseball team in the tournament. We play at 4:30 today and we are in the championship bracket so we are gauranteed 4th place. I must say as a caoch I am proud of theses 9 -10 year olds, we only one one game in regular season, but come crunch time they have sent home the numer 3 and 6 seed. Just hope they keep playing like they know how to win.

Sorry just had to add that.

Reuben

Tom M

Thanks, Chris, I will try to log in. I’ll be the guy asking the annoying questions.

Reuben,

Good luck with the game, coach. You have your priorities straight.

Chris

That one I can actually answer for certain! Yes, it’s going to be up just like the Digital Templating one available to view at a later time.

Good luck with the tournament!

Just got home from the tournamnet and pizza afterwards. Curious as to how the webnar went and will a notice be sent out to let us know when and where we can view it again?

Reuben

Chris Yaughn

Ooops. Spent all day in the truck. I hope it is available after the fact.

Chris

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I own Moraware, but I was still going to check it out. I just got busy and couldn’t make it. Like to hear how it went.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.