Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author

Andy:

Thanks for the help with the Picasa slideshow thingy.

Here it is folks.  The grand finale.

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="https://picasaweb.google.com/s/c/bin/slideshow.swf” width=”600″ height=”400″ flashvars=”host=picasaweb.google.com&hl=en_US&feat=flashalbum&RGB=0x000000&feed=https%3A%2F%2Fpicasaweb.google.com%2Fdata%2Ffeed%2Fapi%2Fuser%2F118205778504418704963%2Falbumid%2F5650143115574122081%3Falt%3Drss%26kind%3Dphoto%26hl%3Den_US” pluginspage=”http://www.macromedia.com/…r”></embed>

I hope that those of you who have followed, have found this informative and enjoyable.  I know that Nancy and I sure enjoy using our new Solid Surface shower.  We still have some final trim and painting to do.  We have chosen to use a 3/8″ frameless glass door and fixed panel enclosure.  I will post one last picture when that is all complete.

Thanks for all your comments.  The most challenging aspect of this remodel was incorporatiing the seat and pan with the seamless design of the shower walls.  Without the integral seat it would have been much easier.  But the seat was necessary to avoid an existing plumbing cleanout.  Besides, I embraced the challenge.

If you click on the small “text” icon at the lower left of the slidshow it will show captions for the pictures.

Time to go fishing

Johnny C

Johnny:

You probably did the seam voids just to make the rest of us feel better.

Great work and thanks,

Joe

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Absolutely Fantastic.

I got the glass enclosure installed and have been using the shower for a couple of weeks.  We love it.

Johnny C

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Is the ceiling hard seamed?

The ceiling was slid in after the walls were installed and the site seams sanded.  It rests on top of the walls and is siliconed at that point.  Only silicone in the whole shower.

Johnny C

When I see this shower, this is the song that comes to mind. Especially the first few illustrations.

Joe

Thanks for that, Joe

With our private conversation of a few days ago as a contextual backdrop for that clip, I busted out laughing and inspired at the same time.  I am still trying to get a confident understanding on the plumbing code as it would apply to the requirement of a waterproof liner underneath the pan.

As Bill Wolle pointed out to me.  A liner under a pan such as this would be like wearing a belt with suspenders.  While that is a catchy little analogy.  I wonder if common sense would trump the written word of the code in the eyes of a zealous inspector and his interpretation of the code.

“Arguing with an inspector is alot like wrestling with a pig.  Eventually you realize that the pig is having fun” author unknown.

Johnny c

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.