Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Norm Walters

Shane, if you tilt the Festool on grind mode you can really remove some material, which is not always a good thing. I use the Festool on grind mode on a seam after the seam leveler, and then I keep it flat to the deck so I don’t dig holes.

Shane Barker

Norm

You are exactly right; on grind mode it can cause some major damage. Definitely not a good idea for everyone, but with a steady hand it can really save time.

Shane

Still looking at different sanders, etc just curious about the Fein brand anybody using them? They say life time warranty if you send them in or is this more pain than worth? Want good tools, but as everyone knows best bang for the dollar long term.

Liz

Reuben, one of our most popular sellers to SS fabricators over the years has been the FEIN MSF6362 sander (6″) and either the FEIN91120 vac or FEIN95513 Turbo II vac. They do have a great warranty policy and the tools are of high quality. Of coarse, all fabricators are differant in the tools they like.

You can check out FEIN @ http://www.feinus.com

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Rueben,

I like the Festool because of the dual mode, but the Fein was the industry standard for a long time.

Reuben, I have read some scathing posts abou fein sanders. Mostly warrantee problems and short life. Personally, I have no experience with them. Try the solid surface forum on woodweb.com or do a search on the entire site and you will find the critical posts.

I’ll say this, the festool we got last week has already got us making plans for replacing the other two vacs and sanders.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I like the Fein vacuum. Had one forever and it still works although the clips broke, but still great machine.

Reuben,

I would go with the festool sander personally. I have used both and I think the festool is a better quality tool. I felt was that the Fein’s balance was not comfortable to work with for long periods of time, plus the festool is as close to dustless in a house as possible. (as long as you replace the bag when full)

When I purchased my first Festool the first thing I wondered was how come I did not buy one sooner.

John

Thanks alot guys. Sorta like wether you want to buy Chevy or Ford from what I Have read and heard. I decide to go with the Fein was able to get 2 used ones for the price of 1. Sometimes get the right guy at the time you need a good bargin.

Thanks again,

Reuben

Tom M

The only Fein tool we use, besides the awesome vacume, is the multi-tool. We cut grout, retrim window aprons and casings, get the occasional hard to reach spot for finishing, etc. The sanders? I always thought that they were over-rated and over-priced. If you notice a difference, plaese let me know. It seems like the best sander is usually the guy you pay to do the work.

Tom

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.