Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

They said SSV was going to be great too and that failed. I guess I am just leary of gluing two different materials together. I do not have any direct experience with it.

QuartzoStone

Check this out. quartz surface with solid surface bowl

Karl Crooks

Man someone did a bad sanding job on that, no wonder the finish looks so bad.
    Or the cleaning people are useing pumice stones to clean the sink with

Linda Graves

I like the decorative mold between the splash and the countertop.

Steve Mehan

The  material color looks to be close to the other pic you posted Just For Sharing. But much dirtier.

I hope the kitchen top is better taken care of.

It looks like a commercial aplication.

Sg Buloh Is that in Maylasia?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

How long has that counter been in place? I think over time the two materials will eventually separate. leaving a slight crack between the two.

Karl Crooks

Posted By Andy on 26 Jun 2009 01:27 PM
    How long has that counter been in place? I think over time the two materials will eventually separate. leaving a slight crack between the two.

Andy why do you think this ??

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

If you have a solid, non flexible seam and the two materials expand and contract at different rates, i think the bowl will crack. It may never happen, but I would want to see some testing done before my company backs something like that.

Do you think it would be fine?

Karl Crooks

Posted By Andy on 26 Jun 2009 04:14 PM
    If you have a solid, non flexible seam and the two materials expand and contract at different rates, i think the bowl will crack. It may never happen, but I would want to see some testing done before my company backs something like that.

Do you think it would be fine?

The question I would have is what rate they will both expand and contract at ? It is really that far off from each other? Its not like 1/8″ solid surface glued to 3/4″ wood as we have seen in the past. Also look at where the seam is, how much abuse will it get at that location? You can’t set hot stuff right on the seam, if you dump hot watter in the sink it will hit the bottem not the seam. Again it’s not like a seam on a deck, or above a dish washer, or in a corner thru an edge.  

At the end of the day if you are not losing customers on this, then there’s no need to think about it, but if you are you might want to offer it ??  Time will tell if enuf of them are sold.

QuartzoStone

Just to clear the air. The picture that i provide is at least install 3-4 years ago. There is no sign of breakage and it was place slight outdoor. The vanity is in my friend factory in china. They done that.

Gordon Shell

In my past life, I used to teach the installation of Corian Sinks in Zodiaq tops, very nice looking and haven’t heard of a failure yet.

If I remember correctly Dupont would warranty the application as long as the top, bowl, and adhesive were all Dupont products.

QuartzoStone

One of the recent job we do. with Staron Solid surface sink.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Quartzo,

How thick is that material? It looks like it is only 1/2″.

Here’s a corian bowl mounted in Cambria. It is not hard seamed. It is silicone and mechanically fastened and you can not tell the difference.

QuartzoStone

With Corian Sink

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.