Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    QuartzoStone

Do you guy think is possible to install solid surface sink with quartz surfaces?

Nick Henry

we did a quartz vanity top with a solid surface undermount sink welded together. It looked good. would I do it again?  ah  no

Wags

It’s been tried many times, ive never seen it done sucessfully over time. Good Luck.

Karl Crooks

We have replaced solid surface sinks that where hard seamed to Quartz and Granite counter tops. So someone has been doing it.

Brian Stone

We will install solid surface sinks on quartz or granite tops. We don’t hard seam them though. We have the counter top material overhang into the sink too.

Adam Nelson

I am in the same boat as Brian, we have done many but none that are “seamless”.  We try to get them as flush as possible and tend to err on the side of an overhang.  I will say that seamless sink installs in quartz is still a pipe dream at this point….

Karl Crooks

Posted By Adam on 11 May 2009 10:59 AM
    I am in the same boat as Brian, we have done many but none that are “seamless”.  We try to get them as flush as possible and tend to err on the side of an overhang.  I will say that seamless sink installs in quartz is still a pipe dream at this point….

Why is it a pipe deam ???

We have seen this done by Granite and Quartz fabs…. I’m lost.

Brian Stone

It’s not a pipe dream. Silestone has an integrated sink.

http://www.homeportfolio.com/catalo…dId=208844

Nope, not a pipe dream.  We have done probably about a dozen…both vanities and kitchen sinks.

Is it ideal…no b/c of the expansion contraction differences in the stone or quartz and the ss.  One of them we have had to go back to and glue it.  It didn’t drop, but it did get a crack at the seam.  They were ok with the crack vs the smooth transition trade off.  Whenever we install one this way, we educate them on this possibility and that there may be no long term way of eliminating it.  Most of them are ok with it.

Guy

Posted By Guy Robertson on 11 May 2009 02:32 PM
    Nope, not a pipe dream.  We have done probably about a dozen…both vanities and kitchen sinks.

Is it ideal…no b/c of the expansion contraction differences in the stone or quartz and the ss.  One of them we have had to go back to and glue it.  It didn’t drop, but it did get a crack at the seam.  They were ok with the crack vs the smooth transition trade off.  Whenever we install one this way, we educate them on this possibility and that there may be no long term way of eliminating it.  Most of them are ok with it.

Guy

Guy:

Chad will probably kill me for suggesting this, but I would tint some Integra Composite Bonder to match the sink (it’s fairly clear) and use it instead of hard inflexible adhesive for sink attachment.

“You have to try this to believe how strong and flexible it is. It’s uses are unlimited.”

If the back of the quartz were milled to dead flat and the sink flange checked for flatness before bonding, there would be little adhesive line exposed anyway.

Joe

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

This is just another warranty problem waiting to happen. Two different expansion rates equals failure.

Just my opinion.

QuartzoStone

But i have seen the SSM Vanity bowl mount seamless into quartz.
    it been few year. i Didn’t notice anything wrong. Just like SSM.
    I will try to get the picture and post it up.

Posted By Andy on 13 May 2009 07:37 PM
    This is just another warranty problem waiting to happen. Two different expansion rates equals failure.

Just my opinion.

Andy:

That’s why you use flexible adhesive, to accommodate the different expansion and contraction rates.

Joe

Norm Walters

Joe, I’ve used the composite bonder, it don’t think is all that flexible. It’s like saying liquid nails is “flexible”.

Karl Crooks

Posted By Andy on 13 May 2009 07:37 PM

Just my opinion.

Andy the ones that we have replaced did not fail at the seam.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.