Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

Don’t ask me how I know about the cheap date thingy.

Lenny E

Tom,

While everything you stated is true, I must ask…how are ya?

This forum is driving me crazy. or should I say even crazier. It wont let me quote, or if I hit reply it just jumps around and I never get to reply so I have to use this little quick reply box, which does not have smileys. Even after I post, it isn’t letting me go back in and edit to insert smileys. And you know me Tom if I dont have my smileys, I become a frownie!

Anyway in spite of all that I just did a post under Natural Stone, Top Polish where I referenced Fudd’s first law in a mathmatics based explanation of Joes post views. I know someone is going to inquire about Fudd’s 1st law, so as the only other DFT on here (Doctor of Firesign Theatrology) I will leave you to explain the strange and mysterious workings of Fudd’s 1st law.

Tom M

Lenny-san,
    Wave the mousy thing over the edit quote reply alert buttons and you may notice that the area you hover on may jump to the adjacent button. Not sure why, but it seems to in Firefox (which is my browser).

I am doing okay, but we are not breaking down any doors in the business world. Did Thanksgiving turn out ok for you?

Fudd’s first law of opposition: if you push something hard enough, it will fall over. For the unfortunate FabNetter who has yet to sample the vocabularian delight that is Firesign Theater, please reference this website:
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/firesign-theatre/lexicon/part1/

From that site:
    Interesting note about BWB (Bear Whizz Beer):
    BWB has entered the mainstream (sorry) of american culture:
    mathias thallmayer writes:

I was looking at the current issue of the Narrow Gauge and
    Shortline Gazette (a magazine devoted to modeling narrow
    gauge railroads, for you fireheads) and what should I see: a
    review of a 1:22.5 scale Bear Wizz Beer Refigerator car
    (based on the bachman mechanism). The logo looks pretty
    good: a bear standing human style, back to us but looking over
    his shoulder, er, er… I’d always pictured him with a rear
    leg raised, but close enough…. The reviewer (Bob Brown)
    said it was pretty colorful. It comes from the “Feather River
    Canyon Loco Works” in Pagosa Springs, CO.

Tom M

Andy – interesting to note that the auto-format function now works in Firefox. I did not enter the above link as an embedded hypertext, but it formatted that way anywho.

That is all.

Lenny E

Posted By Tom M on 13 Dec 2010 08:31 AM
    Lenny-san,
    Wave the mousy thing over the edit quote reply alert buttons and you may notice that the area you hover on may jump to the adjacent button. Not sure why, but it seems to in Firefox (which is my browser).

I am doing okay, but we are not breaking down any doors in the business world. Did Thanksgiving turn out ok for you?

Fudd’s first law of opposition: if you push something hard enough, it will fall over. For the unfortunate FabNetter who has yet to sample the vocabularian delight that is Firesign Theater, please reference this website:
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/firesign-theatre/lexicon/part1/

From that site:
    Interesting note about BWB (Bear Whizz Beer):
    BWB has entered the mainstream (sorry) of american culture:
    mathias thallmayer writes:

I was looking at the current issue of the Narrow Gauge and
    Shortline Gazette (a magazine devoted to modeling narrow
    gauge railroads, for you fireheads) and what should I see: a
    review of a 1:22.5 scale Bear Wizz Beer Refigerator car
    (based on the bachman mechanism). The logo looks pretty
    good: a bear standing human style, back to us but looking over
    his shoulder, er, er… I’d always pictured him with a rear
    leg raised, but close enough…. The reviewer (Bob Brown)
    said it was pretty colorful. It comes from the “Feather River
    Canyon Loco Works” in Pagosa Springs, CO.

Tom,

Nice link. I had to quote that. How that takes me back a Decade or four! I remember it now as if yesterday, being bongmaster in a college dorm watching the folks thru a haze of smoke while listening to Nick Danger..Third Eye!. As bongmaster you werent allowed to smoke, and also had to fill each hit with equal portions of bud and shake. It was an exacting job and I was good at it!

Sometimes I did not show up for work as bongmaster (it was no biggie, we had alternates)..darn that orange sunshine, those funny mushrooms, windowpanes, 10 blotter hit daze and microdots! BTW I graduated with highest honors! heh heh

All joking and kidding aside (sort of)..I almost chose Nick Danger as my handle on here. Andy, can I change my handle?

Thanks Tom for a blast from the past!

Tom M

Wow. Windowpane, microdot and blotter?
    A hit of Acid by any other name would still effect as sweet.

Windowpane was the triangle-shaped pill correct?

Posted By Tom M on 13 Dec 2010 10:08 AM

Tom:

Windowpane acid looked like a 1/16″ square of rigid cellophane, hence the name.

I had friends that were under the belief that if you dropped the widowpane into your eye and let it dissolve, it would increase hallucinations.

Joe

Tom M

I always thought that under the tongue was better than swallowing, but in the eye?

You had some mighty creative friends, Joe.

nssthan

Because controversy is sometimes fun, and usually educational here is what osha has to say about your “ping”.

“Before an abrasive wheel is mounted, it must be inspected closely for damage and should be sound- or ring-tested to ensure that it is free from cracks or defects. To test, wheels should be tapped gently with a light, non-metallic instrument. If the wheels sound cracked or dead, they must not be used because they could fly apart in operation. A stable and undamaged wheel, when tapped, will give a clear metallic tone or “ring.”

Funny how they say to test for that ring everytime before using the abrasive to listen for structural integrity on a non-metalic surface (granite), but the kowboy way says toss it.

osha food for thought,
    nssthan

Posted By nssthan on 13 Dec 2010 12:44 PM
    Because controversy is sometimes fun, and usually educational here is what osha has to say about your “ping”.

“Before an abrasive wheel is mounted, it must be inspected closely for damage and should be sound- or ring-tested to ensure that it is free from cracks or defects. To test, wheels should be tapped gently with a light, non-metallic instrument. If the wheels sound cracked or dead, they must not be used because they could fly apart in operation. A stable and undamaged wheel, when tapped, will give a clear metallic tone or “ring.”

Funny how they say to test for that ring everytime before using the abrasive to listen for structural integrity on a non-metalic surface (granite), but the kowboy way says toss it.

osha food for thought,
    nssthan

nssthan:

Please site the OSHA regulation where they recommend testing a blade by chucking it onto a concrete table as you did in your video. You did get a good “ping”, I’ll give you that.

Joe 

nssthan

1910.243(c)(5)(i)

Immediately before mounting, all wheels shall be closely inspected and sounded by the user (ring test, see Subpart O, 1910.215(d)(1)

Let me know if you need more:)  nssthan

Posted By nssthan on 13 Dec 2010 09:27 PM
    1910.243(c)(5)(i)

Immediately before mounting, all wheels shall be closely inspected and sounded by the user (ring test, see Subpart O, 1910.215(d)(1)

Let me know if you need more:)  nssthan

nssthan:

So by carelessly tossing a blade onto concrete you were conducting a ring test?

Joe

nssthan

If a grinder gets rolled onto its side causing the blade to hit the saw table accomplishing/causing LESS then the prescribed ring test don’t call it careless and don’t arrogantly demand it to be thrown away.  That, is ignorant.

I really enjoy research, but it seams like some people insist on being right and damn the science.  
    Lenny E

Posted By Kowboy on 13 Dec 2010 11:00 AM

Posted By Tom M on 13 Dec 2010 10:08 AM

Tom:

Windowpane acid looked like a 1/16″ square of rigid cellophane, hence the name.

I had friends that were under the belief that if you dropped the widowpane into your eye and let it dissolve, it would increase hallucinations.

Joe

Joe, you had friends that did that? OK we will stick with that story. Yep I had a few “Freinds” that did that. Those imaginary friends would also hold a mirror up to thier eye and trip in the black void of the dialated pupil for hours.

Left eye was connected one side of the brain, switching the mirror to the right eye which was hard wired to the other side of the brain yielded a completely different effect. Or thats what my “Friends” said.

BTW Tom, window pane was the cleanest, purest acid on the market to date. It wasnt as good as orange sunshine, which was cut with Strychnine, which is an amphetamine like rat poison that enhanced and sharpened the experience. Two was all could do before getting the stomach cramps (like a dagger being stuck into youre middle).

However 2 orangies were about a 500-1000 microgram dose depending upon batch. The word on the street  was that it was made in the bahamas by two brothers, They miscalculated dosage by a magnitude (and ended up with 5000-10,000 micrograms) and since as a QC function they tried every batch personally, one brother ended up a veggie and the other one packed it in and retired. 1000 micrograms was a complete break with reality. Or at least thats what my “Friends” tell me.

Acid,the repeated mega dose trips fractured thier personas leaving some in mental institutions as vegetables while catapulting others to the heights of creativity with multiple patents. Acid, its strong juju! A make you or break you kinda thing!

Tom,

the triangle shaped pills were called “dragons”.

Does anyone want to know about the importation of Nazi scientists into the US (operation paperclip), and Operation MK-Ultra (CIA mind control, which didnt officially end until 1973 and may have never ended) or Operation Blue Skys (weaponization of hallucinogens)?  All those events are connected into one story. It a great and true bone chilling tale for one dark and cold rainy night. Oh BTW all this info was de classified years ago, so Im not doing a WIKIleaks thingee here.  

Andy, please feel free to move this post elsewhere, I suggest the swamp where it has limited search options.
    Have a good sleep kiddies, and I hope you dont have any nightmares!

KCWOOD

hey multiple patent guy… and all the time I thought you came from a genectically superior family… when all the time it was really chemically induced knowledge from the Bahama’s…  … dang… I had my chance to raise my IQ above 50 and never took it…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.