Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

…but FEE-on-Say thinx suntin goin I’m roaring with laughter,…

You can’t beat a master.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I would like to get more information. Do you have any contacts Tom.

Tom M

I can get you the contact info, Andy, but to tell you the truth, I got a set of samples and fab requirements from Richlite, the company before I received any contact from their distributor. They are located in Tacoma, Wash., so you may do better asking the manufacturer direct.

Jon Olson
    Tom can you fabricate this stuff like SS?

David Gerard

I just saw a sample of this product 1 month ago, It was in 2 color s brn and light brn. Is this the same stuff? I was on a job this winter and when the contractor started to speak! wow! What exit you from? He laughed. Told him I grew up in CT, he laughed again. Remember Joe piscopo in SNL exit 38 worked at the refinery? You guys could take this act on the road. Look forward to hearing more about this stuff, maybe the answer to the concrete top for the folks who like green and organic.

Tom M

Jon, it would be similar with different cut speeds and plunges. It will be harder on the bits, I think, but Wags or Matt D can tell you better than I could. You even finish sand when you’re done.

The joint fill technique took me back a few years. They took the sanding dust and reintroduced it into the epoxy for the seam fill. This is what we did in the early sol surf days, before joint adhesive (’81). We got pretty good seams out of that, but I am sure there are better alternatives out there.

Two coats of sealant, and the top will patina a bit with age and light, and then stay pretty much as it is supposed to.

David, I don’t think it will be a concrete replacement material, but it would be a better swap for the customer, I think.

Tom M

The distributor is based on green materials. That’s his main focus. They’ve got bamboo plywood (plyboo?), used to sell paperstone, I think, other stuff too highbrow for me to remember.

I thought that Jon would love these guys, so I wrote his name (for a good time call “Sterling Jon” at…) on the particularly nasty bathroom walls.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.