Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

I have not done one of these yet, but I checked with my rep and they said just standard round over bit. If the slope is like all the others I do the Amana 57128 works good just take two to three passes to ease down. Other thing I have done is used a 8 degree bevel bit and then followed with standars 1/2 ” round over or 3/8″ round over on their other oval vanities.

Hope that helps. They have never been real specific about bowl bits.

Reuben

Tom M

unlike most brands, you don’t want to cut into this material too much. Lots of air

do not think it is as bad as used to be from what I hear. I have only had two to three bowls with any problems in 4 years I have been working it. Since they have changed some process at the plant the sheets have tons less problems than before.

Tom M

Back in the day, it really sucked. It’s why we got out of it.

If it would not have been for some of the changes right after I started fabbing it I probably would of jumped ship to. I worked with some drop sheets from the guy I bought my tools from and have repaired and refinished a couple of older tops waaaaaayyyyyy worse to work with. So if that was the norm then do not blame you for dropping it, but if you have the cahnce you might look at it again and see what you think.

Tom M

Man, Rueben. Bad was an understatement. Every time we’d fill in all the holes and finish sand, we’d open up more holes.

How long ago is back in the day Tom ???
    Most stuff i have worked with has been within last 8 years or newer.

Tom M

mid nineties, I think?

Tom M

A guy named Kevin was the roaming fab teacher. He was cool. I think he advanced in the company.

That hamburger bit scared the crap out of me.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.