Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Wayne

Hello all…

We’re in dire need of a solid surface “rectangular” vanity bowl that can be seamed into a solid surface vanity top. A small kitchen sink won’t work because it needs to have an overflow and the standard drain hole size (~1-7/8″). Any ideas??? As always…thanks in advance…Wayne.

Can You make one with the scrap? sorry, i dont know too much about sink fabrication..but it sounds not too complicated…build a ss drawer box and glue it to the top…Cove the inside…not sure if it would work…just a thought if you cant find one

Jon Olson

Gene. Thats how we do it. So why dont you make one? if not for Wayne. Mkae one to pratice

Norm Walters

Jon, would you make one for him? I believe Gemstones will make one for you.

Jon. ya hadta go ahead and suggest that to me

now..im gonna make a sink…Im already getting excited about it….lets see Glowing glass series Red white and Blue with fiber optics sequenced as if they were swirling down the drain.hmmmmm

Norm,

Thanks for the reference however we do not offer a rectangular vanity bowl at this time.

Wayne and I have already talked, yesterday, and I suggested he check out the Affinity (?) Elton – BR1-OV10 which appears to be an extended oval vanity bowl. Don’t know for sure but it was the only “quick” reference I could come up with.

Respectfully,

GEMSTONE

Rich Magee

Wayne

We have made sinks before by v-grooving (coved) all four sides (even shower bases) but I don’t like how they drain because we don’t get a good taper to the drain and the vanity bowls don’t have an overflow tube. For shower base drainage, we route tapered grooves toward the drain, but this isn’t acceptable for a vanity bowl.

Jon, when you’ve make your sinks (or shower bases for that matter) how do you get a taper to the drain, by thermoforming? And have you put an overflow on the vanity bowls?

Thanks again…Wayne

Wayne,

I do not know for sure what you want, but you could take a look at a swanstone one. Go to their website http://www.swanstone.com type in UC-1913 in the search place and should pull up their specs. It does have an overflow.

Reuben

Norm Walters

Swanstone uc-1913

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That Swanstone sink is nice looking. Kohler makes a sink that shape but the seamed in style would be great.

Wayne

Can’t ever stump the experts at Fab Net! You guys and this site are great for solid surface fabrication and problem solving!

Thank you Rich Magee (from Gemstone Sinks) for calling me direct and passing on that info from your competitor that will give us many options (grifform.com). Fab Netters, don’t forget Gemstone, they have so many choices for solid surface sinks!

And thank you Norm for the Swanstone sink idea. We have an account for Swanstone, and that sink is the answer. One is already ordered and on its way to us!

Once again guys, thanks for the feedback…Wayne

Norm Walters

Wayne, the Swanstone sink was Reuben’s idea, I just found the pic.

Wayne

Stumped again…Thanks Reuben!

Glad I could help for a change

Reuben

Wayne

Thanks again for this info. What router bit is used for seam mounting this bowl (the Swanstone #UC1913)? …Wayne.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.