Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Chris

It does not currently draw or handle cabinets in that way. You could add a set of standard cabinet items to select in the non-countertop items section, but it’s not going to auto-calc what you need for cabinetry. Since we haven’t completed the countertop sheet nesting/cutlist/optimization just yet, we of course don’t have anything for cabinets there either.

I wouldn’t rule any of that stuff out in the future, but it’s not something we would expect to be delivering anytime soon.

What you’re looking for is more in the vein of a software like 20/20.

Sue Turner

Hi Fred,

I don’t know if your shop is set up for CNC or like mine just cutting out jobs by hand. We were doing SS, Lam. and Wood tops along with Lam and Wood Cab. I would have to laly everything out by hand and figure a cut list from the drawing I did by hand.

This was all Pre-Computer for us, mid 80’s.

When I finally broke down and purchased a computer I went looking for a drawing program so I did not have to use a scale rule and pencile, I found a Cad drawing program that workes great for line drawings for tops and cab. Nothing fancy but exelent for the shop, at that time cost about $39.00.

The other program I found was CutListPlus. Again this is not (I think) for an automated shop but for a small shop it does lay outs and pricing for any type of material for counter tops or cab. you put into the raw material data base. It will also figure labor, tax, and all hardware for Cab. once you enter information into the data base.

I may be off base posting this here but I know not all shops are set up for the big time.

William

Fred Atwood

Thanks William,

Sounds like my shop is very similar to your’s. I do use 20/20 to design our cabinet layouts. Then I have to put each cabinet into a spreadsheet I made in MS Excel to give me a parts list. Then I put the parts into Cut List Plus. None of this is difficult, jut time consuming. Also, the more times a piece of data is entered the more chance for a screw up.

I would just like to get all of this integrated into one to free up time and diminish the chance for mistakes. 20/20 has a manufacturing add on, but it is really for CNC shops. It is expensive and does not really work all that well for a small shop like ours.

Fred

Chris

Well, something that might help you with that will be our XPX. QuickQuote is going to have a feature in the very near future allowing you to automatically price imported .DXF/.DWG files. So you could export the countertop layout from 20/20 and have it auto-priced by QuickQuote. Then with the sheet nesting add-on, have all the countertop stuff taken care of. It probably doesn’t solve the problem of cabinets yet, but it would at least eliminate a chunk of the time you have to spend and some of the re-entry.

Mory Ludwick

Niccolo,

I called your company lst week and left a message for someone to call me. I have not had a return call yet. We presently use Moraware and are pretty happy with it. As our business expands, I have been looking at other software. Please give me a call at the office when you have time (402-991-7258). I would love to go over some things with you and ask you a ew questions. If you have a sample site that is set up with me to interact with someone from you company for quick quote, that would even be better. Thanks,

Mory

Tom M

Fred,

It might help that, in combination with Chris’s add-on with the XPX thingy:

Merrilat has a complete set of CAD files that give you their entire line of cabinets. Cool feature. Email me if you wish to ask about it. Info”at”mathertops.com

Mory, Niccolo was the author of the quote at the end of Chris’s thread. Chris Abate is the owner/developer of Quick Quote. His dad is a first-rate guy, and a long-time fabricator.

Tom

Chris

Mory, I did receive your call. I called back a number of times that day but unfortunately you were unavailable each time. I did leave a message with your CSR, but I don’t know if you received it. My intention was to give you a call again tomorrow if I still had not heard back.

You can also feel free to pose any questions here and I’ll be happy to answer them.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.