Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to send a PM to one of our  fellow members. Each time I click on “send Message” I get sent to a login in like that which is necessary to access the membership activities, and am not given the opportunity to send a message.

What am I doing wrong?

Respectfully,
    GEMSTONE

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Let me try to recreate the error. I will try sending you a private message now and let me know if you receive it.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

It worked for me just now but let’s wait for the reply. Might be an issue with your side. Try logging out, delete cookies and then log back in.

Another thing would be to try a different web browser to see if that fixes it. Then you would know it’s the browser and not the site.

I’ll do what it takes to get it fixed though.

Andy,

No message from you has been received at this end.

I’ll try your suggestions and see if it clears up.

Thaks for your efforts.
    Respectfully,
    GEMSTONE

Rich:

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve never been able to send PM’s on this site. I get them occasionally, however.

Joe

Joe,

It’s worked for me before and seems to be working between Andy and I now.

So there’s hope.

GEMSTONE

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Kowboy on 01 Sep 2010 02:50 PM

Rich:

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve never been able to send PM’s on this site. I get them occasionally, however.

Joe

What error message do you receive Joe?

Posted By Andy Graves on 02 Sep 2010 05:10 PM

Posted By Kowboy on 01 Sep 2010 02:50 PM
    Rich:

Joe

What error message do you receive Joe?

Andy:

I attempted to send you a test PM. I went to the Member List and looked under “G” for Graves and you weren’t there. I looked under “A” for Andy and you weren’t there either. I tried the search and got nothing.

Not only do I not have an error message, I can’t even get to a place from which to send a PM.

Joe

Randy Evans

Scroll up, and click on the little envelope labeled “Private Messenger” that you see directly under Andy’s picture.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea, I am working on getting the autofill fixed. Not sure that is related to the error. When you want to send a PM, just click on the envelope under the users name.

You can also search the “Member List”, find the member and click on “Send a Message”

Good morning Andy,

That’s what I’ve been doing and that’s when I get a pop-up box telling me I need to be a member and logged in, when I already am.  Filling in the appropriate boxes with the requsit information and clicking log in only takes me back to the Forum home page.

GEMSTONE

Lenny E

Andy,

Thanks for a job  well done! Problem solved! You and this site are the best! Rich and I have been bouncing PM,S back and forth. I took some of your advice but didnt eliminate cookies, because Im afraid the next thing you would ask me to eliminate would be milk, and I cant live without my milk and cookies

All joking and kidding aside I have the China office set up and functioning with several levels of contingencys. I even hired my old gals back…Fuk Yeuh Long and Sum Yung Chik. Thats not their real names but I call them that because when you see them you will think the names fit, and I cant pronounce thier Chinese names!

You wanna know what the most difficult part was? The freaking music! I used to listen to tunes on U tube etc., But After all the unrest in outlying provinces (Xinjiang, Tibet, Mongolia) and some disgruntled activists posting not great things about the govt, they blocked u tube and all the other US sites etc.

I recently found a govt approved website so Im listening to free beatles, stones, AC/DC, canned heat, Cream, Grateful dead, Ten years after, the Fugees, Hendrix, Joplin, Neil Young, Foo Fighters, Stone temple pilots and alot of other way cool music! Thank you China Govt!

I gotta rock!

Lenny:

I had a feeling this Texas gentleman rancher thing wouldn’t last too long.

Your fees are probably at an all-time high. Good for you.

Joe

Lenny E

Joe,

FYI, I still have the ranch in Texas. My wife and daughter are holding down the fort there, and I will return to Texas sooner or later with a big sack of money.

BTW, my wife hired my staff, Fuk Yeuh Long and Sum Yung Chik, I think they are her cousins or some such.  But we still have a great time, but not too great of a time, if you catch my meaning, heh heh!

I hope things are going good for you too!

All the best!

Lenny:

I had no doubt you would keep the ranch, I just had a feeling a “big sack of money” would lure you away for a spell.

Joe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.