Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Jon Olson
    Black marker, Olive oil, Nail polish remover, Tomato juice

Karl Crooks

Posted By Andy on 10 Dec 2008 12:38 PM
    Hey gene,

I emailed Peter and put in a good word to get you some samples.  We’ll see what happens. 

I have not tested any of the materials for staining yet.  Maybe I should.  What do you suggest I stain them with?  Mustard, wine, grape juice… what else?

Lemon Juice, Vinegar, Tuna Juice ……. How long will you leave the test products on the samples for ? One hour ? Over night ?

Thanx Andy…I gotta wait for our parksite reps to remeber the cue cards before they can give me the samples…I hafta listen to all the yada-yada…i would really appreciate to get them in my hand….I just been selling Paperstone, so its not really a big deal…just disappointed, I feel like a whiner…i aked three times personally spoke to the regional managers….and told them about my client base doesnt need to know the benefits, they already know…Im just glad i got others to sell

I also just stopped offering ICEstone…lame business model…I had my samples two years ago, got a price list beginning of the year, ready to sell two slabs to customer, call for availability…they send me thru two numbers find out they dont sell to fabricators no more…fabricators of other materials who are now Icestone distributors…My pricelist for amber pearl icestone said i could get for 40 bux…now I hafta pay 107.oo and thats just  fabricated…a customer can get it for what I can get it for..

Im posting this not to make Icestone apologize to me, Just that make sure you can buy it for what they said you can if you oredered samples

Its the greatest blooper of all time…send all the samples to fabricators witrh pricelists and then when you finally are ready to sell some of that…you hafta have someone else do it for you and maybe they will give you a commission

at least the guys that sell it out here are my friends, but thats the rule cause they hafta buy it from anothewr distributor…ahhhh I feel better warning my buddies..let me know if thats not the problem inyour area

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Karl Crooks on 10 Dec 2008 02:23 PM

Posted By Andy on 10 Dec 2008 12:38 PM
    Hey gene,

I emailed Peter and put in a good word to get you some samples.  We’ll see what happens. 

I have not tested any of the materials for staining yet.  Maybe I should.  What do you suggest I stain them with?  Mustard, wine, grape juice… what else?

Lemon Juice, Vinegar, Tuna Juice ……. How long will you leave the test products on the samples for ? One hour ? Over night ?

Overnight would probably be a good test.  Maybe 8 hours would be a good time.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Gene McDonald on 10 Dec 2008 04:28 PM

Thanx Andy…I gotta wait for our parksite reps to remeber the cue cards before they can give me the samples…I hafta listen to all the yada-yada…i would really appreciate to get them in my hand….I just been selling Paperstone, so its not really a big deal…just disappointed, I feel like a whiner…i aked three times personally spoke to the regional managers….and told them about my client base doesnt need to know the benefits, they already know…Im just glad i got others to sell

I also just stopped offering ICEstone…lame business model…I had my samples two years ago, got a price list beginning of the year, ready to sell two slabs to customer, call for availability…they send me thru two numbers find out they dont sell to fabricators no more…fabricators of other materials who are now Icestone distributors…My pricelist for amber pearl icestone said i could get for 40 bux…now I hafta pay 107.oo and thats just  fabricated…a customer can get it for what I can get it for..

Im posting this not to make Icestone apologize to me, Just that make sure you can buy it for what they said you can if you oredered samples

Its the greatest blooper of all time…send all the samples to fabricators witrh pricelists and then when you finally are ready to sell some of that…you hafta have someone else do it for you and maybe they will give you a commission

at least the guys that sell it out here are my friends, but thats the rule cause they hafta buy it from anothewr distributor…ahhhh I feel better warning my buddies..let me know if thats not the problem inyour area

I emailed Peter so we will see what happens.  Hopefully they get you a set right away.

Interesting about IceStone.  That is not the way they handle it out here on the west coast.  Most of the material is drop shipped directly from the plant in NY so what is the big deal just shipping you two sheets?

Well the regional manager said there is a licensing issue..these shops bought the rights by promising a quota as long as Icestone will not sell directly to fabricators…these distributors are fabricators…I dont mind if the local distributor makes a couple bux..but 85 % and its not his fault thats the agrement he hasta follow…its cheaper for me to bootleg through one of my friends in georgia…I can get double the slabs from there than a few miles awy…but im not into that..I was just embarrassed when a customer wanted the jobs done and was asked if can do better than edit a square…I looked down at my list saw edit bux a square and said I can do it much cheaper…they didnt tell me who gave them that quote either…so then when I checked for availablity

this is how I found all this out….they hafta sell it to me for the edit fabbed, i hafta template and install still…so I guess I couldnt beat their price after all…so Icetsone samples might get crunched up into my next Inlay design

all in all Icestone is a nice product, but the Florida business model is lame

other materials that have certification I understand if they dont sell until you get certified..but they havent got any…so glad they still have all the other Glass brands , there are still 8 other recyclked brands i can sell..

Jon Olson
    Gene doesn’t Ice Stone know who you are? Your the King of green. (AKA godfather of green). Do we need the hence men to step in?
    Tom M

I agree, Jon. Greenie is da man!
    They are fools. Fools and charlatans, I say!

We are bidding a large commercial job with Ice Stone now. We bid one a few months ago, but we were foolish enough not to include a standard quartz price with it. Funny us, we thought material choice was actually important. The job went quartz once they got the Ice Stone bids in and the company that gave them the quartz price was awarded the sub job.

Lesson learned.

Ray Aleksic

Hey Jon,

It looked like my Hawks were going to beat your Pats last week, but once again it was a tease. The European Market is going well, it is showing the same signs that the USA market showed 2 years ago though.

If we are to complete a test I will need some samples if possible. We have 4″ samples but this will not be large enough for a lamination/edge treatment test. Does anyone have any samples that could be sent to us for a test?

Regards Ray

Ray Aleksic

Hey Jon,

It looked like my Hawks were going to beat your Pats last week, but once again it was a tease. The European Market is going well, it is showing the same signs that the USA market showed 2 years ago though.

If we are to complete a test I will need some samples if possible. We have 4″ samples but this will not be large enough for a lamination/edge treatment test. Does anyone have any samples that could be sent to us for a test?

Regards Ray

Tom…thats what im getting at people that want Icestone will definetly choose Quartz..its half the price and doesnt need the sealing.let alone most quartz now has the Greengaurd certification and NSF ratings anyway

Jon…I have difficulty telling them that…so i am going to send them an offer Or I’ll set their feet in some Concrete Icestone shoes and tro them to da fishes

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Raymond Aleksic on 11 Dec 2008 10:54 AM

Hey Jon,

Regards Ray

What samples do you need Ray,  IceStone or the PaperStone?

Ray Aleksic

Just the Eco-Top for lamination

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Raymond Aleksic on 11 Dec 2008 03:46 PM

Just the Eco-Top for lamination

Hey Ray, I don’t have any material to send of the EcoTop.  I wish I had more samples, but I only have the one box and a piece of material for the countertop.  I can send you material if there is any left, but it is just that one color.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.