Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

just heard the word that Parksite is gonna be the distributor for Eco-top

I already asked about certifications…and Nope..they will be selling to anyone at this time…Stuff looks alright…Andy I didnt get my samples yet

i was first on list even when they were still in the stage of pressing it…oh well they lost the list…but anyway Andy…that white color kinda worries about Red wine or a popsicle staining it have ay tried that test?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Sorry Gene, I probably got your box of samples.

I only have the one set so I am hesitant to do any stain test.  Don’t want to ruin them.  Looks like nice material.  A semi local corian distributor is going to carry the product.

Well..if you are truly sorry..send them to me

anyway its easier to get them in you neck of the woods…They also have a press plant in the Pennsyvannia/Delaware  so that can help by running down to Florida

still cant get the LEED point for mileage..

Jon Olson
    Where going to see allot of these emerging surfaces. Thanks Andy and Gene for the research.

Ray Aleksic

It looks like a good product from our lab samples. I think we have matched all the available colors, the bond strength is impressive also.

Ray Aleksic
    Integra Adhesives

Andy Graves
    Keymaster
    Posted By Raymond Aleksic on 10/14/2008 4:42 PM

It looks like a good product from our lab samples. I think we have matched all the available colors, the bond strength is impressive also.

Ray Aleksic
    Integra Adhesives

Ray,

Do you have colors for PaperStone as well?  Also, on a deck seam, does it disappear pretty well?

Ray Aleksic

Hi Andy,
    The seams that I have seen on Eco-Tops have looked invisible.

We did not match the Paperstone product as we were not happy with the bond strength.

Regards Ray

Andy Graves
    Keymaster
    Posted By Raymond Aleksic on 10/20/2008 9:35 AM
    Hi Andy,
    The seams that I have seen on Eco-Tops have looked invisible.

We did not match the Paperstone product as we were not happy with the bond strength.

Regards Ray

Ray,

Are you saying the bonding strength won’t work at all or does it just not meet your expectations?  I take it you will not be coming out with a list then.

Do you have a color matching list for EcoTop?

Ray Aleksic

Hi Andy,

The bond strength on the Paperstone did not meet our requirements, we will not be matching the colours until we have a solution to increase the bond strength.

A full list of the Eco-Top color charts has not been completed. If you need a match to be completed give us a call.

Ray

Jon Olson
    We just had our sales call with the Eco-top folks.  A couple of questions

1-What do you think of there warranty?

2-Has anyone done an 1.5 edge treatment?

3-Will you offer it the way Eco-top suggest 3/4 edge? They feel it’s the trend. .

Ray job job on the seam. I was told that eco-top didn’t have a way to seam there edge treatment’s and where recommended a two part epoxy adhesive. Can we use Integra glue for the edge as well?
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Hello Jon,

We are going to be making a 36″ top with EcoTop.  I am going to use Integra adhesive and a vessel bowl.  It comes in the standard 3/4″ thickness so it will be the 1.5″ edge.

I will get pictures of the process and post them when complete.

The EcoTop fabrication manual states the the edge should be glued and screwed.  Do you have the manual?

Fabrication Manual

Ray Aleksic

Hi Jon,
    Long time no chat, I hope you are well. I have been spending most of my time the last year in the European market. I understand I missed a great event in MA this fall.

We did an ASTM test on a prepared seam and had great results.

We have not done a scientific test on a Lamination/Edge treatment, but when hit with a hammer many times it held together very well. It needs to be scuffed/scratched for best results.

If Scientific testing is needed please let me know, I could have it completed early in the New Year.

Ray

Ray Aleksic

Hi Jon,
    Long time no chat, I hope you are well. I have been spending most of my time the last year in the European market. I understand I missed a great event in MA this fall.

We did an ASTM test on a prepared seam and had great results.

We have not done a scientific test on a Lamination/Edge treatment, but when hit with a hammer many times it held together very well. It needs to be scuffed/scratched for best results.

If Scientific testing is needed please let me know, I could have it completed early in the New Year.

Ray

Jon Olson
    Hello Ray.. Nice to hear from you as well. Doing OK but My Pats aren’t . Every one is hurt. But we still managed to beat your guys on Sunday.

How are the European Fabrciaotrs doing? 

Ray thanks for the quick response. You guys at Integra are outstanding. It would be cool to have the scientific testing. I think it would put us all at ease.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Hey gene,

I emailed Peter and put in a good word to get you some samples.  We’ll see what happens. 

I have not tested any of the materials for staining yet.  Maybe I should.  What do you suggest I stain them with?  Mustard, wine, grape juice… what else?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.