Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

I must have to say Porter Cable routers have been dependable for me so far. I bought all mine used from a local guy who sold out his cabinet shop and all and moved to Kansas City. I would say all are about tens years old now. In the four years I have had them all I have done is new cords and brushes. I do have aq couple that the bearings are going out on, probably will replace and move on. The key that I have found to long life keep em blowed out and multiple so one is not doing all the work. My only problem thinking Porter Cable is how will the qaulity hold up and overall service since Dewalt/ Black Decker purchased them. Dave any thoughts on that ??

Reuben

Joe Corlett

Reuben wrote

I must have to say Porter Cable routers have been dependable for me so far. I bought all mine used from a local guy who sold out his cabinet shop and all and moved to Kansas City. I would say all are about tens years old now. In the four years I have had them all I have done is new cords and brushes. I do have aq couple that the bearings are going out on, probably will replace and move on. The key that I have found to long life keep em blowed out and multiple so one is not doing all the work. My only problem thinking Porter Cable is how will the qaulity hold up and overall service since Dewalt/ Black Decker purchased them. Dave any thoughts on that ??

Reuben

Dave:

Allow me please:

http://www.solidsurfacegeeks.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=353

Joe

Matt Word

REUBEN, I see no differance in quality nor I have I had any repairs above and beyond the norm. Having said that, I’d sure rather see the majority of their products made in Jackson, TN, than Mexico.

stingray

What’s your point Joe??? I’d sure rather have Americans in Jackson, TN makin the product than a Mexican plant. That’s just me. But I figure when B&D spends $750 milliuon dollars on a brand, they pretty much are going to make it anywhere they want.

Having said that, the B/O problem from the plany change is over and I see no diff. in the quality of the tools.

Tom M

I use to purchase Kitchen Aid Dishwahers by the dozen. I finally dropped appliances when I could buy the same appliance retail for less than I paid wholesale.

Wags,

I noticed this many years ago, when Broan sold through to Home Depot.

I looked it up at the time, and I thought there was a law – Wright/Patmen, I think – that made this illegal (against the manufacturer, not the seller).

Anyone know anything about this?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I don’t think it is legal for a seller to sell a product for less than they pay for it. Especially the bigger guy on the block. That doesn’t mean that a manufacturer can sell to Home Depot for less than the local distributor.

Tom M

Yeah, it’s a law that would penalize the manufacturer, not the reseller.

In thiis case, Broan.

Tom

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.