Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

So what do you think of my sexy new walking boot? Awesome ain’t it. I get to wear this between six weeks and eight months depending on how my Achilles tendon heals.

I basically have Achilles tendonitis and the Podiatrist wants me to wear this except for showers and bed. It is a huge suck factor but it is already starting to feel better. Only five more weeks to go.

Andy,

You are the poster child for fashion.  Yup
    Johnny C
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Thanks Johnny, that is what I thought.

Tom M

Does it affect your driving?

Jon Olson

wimp

Lenny E

Hi Andy,

Best Wishes for a Speedy recovery. You do know that in Texas they would have at least put a spur on that boot.

Len Smith

Don’t they come in matching pairs?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

They do come in matching pairs.

Can drive fine, I have an automatic.

Yea, I’m a wimp but I tried for four months and nothing worked. It actually feels a lot better now. Should be back to Olympic form in no time.

Tom M

“You do know that in Texas they would have at least put a spur on that boot.”

Heh.

KCWOOD

Andy, while I really want to make a joke about it has to be related to driving a Mini-Van… I will refrain… since i had that years ago.

I did what you are doing, it got better, then worse. I finally found a doc that did a MRI. found my problem was not microscopic tears, but the blood supply to the area about an inch up from my heel was limited. I stand too much, which caused hardening of some of the tissue.  He suggested massage therapy. After weekly for a month, my pain was gone, 3 months I was back running.
    Too many times Doc treat symptoms, not the underlying cause.

I’m not saying the type of massage Lenny might find in the back alleys… find a good one,,, they will help alot!  KC

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Where do they message, on the heel, the Achilles or the calf?

I did go to the message therapist and they massaged the calf which was all knotted up. I will do whatever it takes to get it fixed cause I want to play basketball again.

KCWOOD

Just the calf?  Interesting…

My massage lady worked head to toe, for an hour. Extra time was in the lower back , hip, thigh area, that is where the lymphatic system gets clogged which causes poor circulation in the calf and foot.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

They messaged the entire back and legs, but not much on the hip. I need to try to find a message therapists that deals with sports injuries.

The one I go to has candles and crap that I care nothing about.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

KC,

How long did you wear the boot before you figured out it was the circulation problem?

Lenny E

Posted By KCWOOD on 20 Oct 2012 07:04 PM

I’m not saying the type of massage Lenny might find in the back alleys… find a good one,,, they will help alot!  KC

Oh and this from Mr Kentucky..who has never visited me or toured one of my factories, or ever accompanied me to a massage. Just J/k dude! 

Andy,
    I have a spur on my  right heel. I can hardly walk for the pain, so I feel your pain. I’m too busy now to get it looked at, but its on the to do list. 
    If they give me a funny boot I will post pix..and I have Texas spurs here too (brought them with me)  to put on that boot! 
    Knowing China they will try to chop off my foot and give me a peg leg. If that happens I will buy a parrot,teach it to say ..”Dead Mans Chest” and “Pieces of Eight”  snag a pirate hat, an eye patch and post up a pix.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.