Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Moraware just came out with a new software package that cost about 1/3 the price of the full package.

I own the full package and I love it, but for some the scheduling software would be enough to get the organized. Mory is the one that turned me onto the system and I was pretty reluctant. But now if I took it away from my wife, she would quit.

If anyone has the less expensive system, tell us what you think. Is it worth it, or is it just not enough to be worthwhile?

Mory will need to chime in and give the correct details on this. But I heard that there is no upgrade path from the entry level system to the full system. (as far as pricing) If you buy the 1/3 cost system and want to move up, you fork out the full price at that point.

FYI

Shane Barker

The following is a quote from Harry Hollander of Moraware;

“You can also upgrade from JobTracker SE to JobTracker Enterprise Edition when you want to start taking advantage of integration of your schedule and jobs with quotes, purchasing, and inventory.”

We have the full edition and love it. We are still not using a lot of its functions but I know we will eventually.

Shane

Mory Ludwick

W have the full version of Moraware and the latest update. We have just started using it to its full potential. We use all of the features and could not do business without it. We also do all of our cabinet scheduling for our installers, shipping and receiving etc in it. We would be lost without the calendar. We are constantly juggling 20 kitchens per week. I just don’t know any other way to do it.

Mory

We’ve just bought the SE edition. Having a fully functioning accounts package which also serves as our Quotation Program I was always reluctant to take on the full version. The cut down SE version will meet our needs exactly. The whiteboard has been getting awfully messy lately…

Over the past few days I have been dipping the metaphorical toe into Moraware. I have so far just got as far as creating a test job. I’m impressed. A small but telling discovery is the ability to pull up a Google map of the jobsite just by clicking on the site address. A boon when you are trying to plan the most efficient job routes. No more consulting the wallmaps and atlases. I’ve struggled a bit with the Job custom fields and Job Forms but that is as much to do with lack of time to consult the help system or email their office as with any inherent difficulties with the program. I need to spend more quality time to get to know this lil darlin’. I foresee a long and productive relationship!

Shane Barker

Be very very careful using the internet maps as your sole directions to your jobsites. I can say from experience that they can really foul up your schedule on getting to the job on time. Our scheduler is REQUIRED to first try and get verbal directions from the homeowner, because generally they know best how to get to their own house. They also know about detours, road closures and/or construction delays. However there are people that just cannot give directions, even to their own house. So our scheduler is ALSO REQUIRED to provide mapped directions that have been verified to their best ability for accuracy. Together these two forms of directions usually get us there on time, but you still can run into unforeseen problems like accidents, missing street signs, or just not paying attention to the directions. Now I never really have that problem…unless I am talking, or thinking, or looking at something else other than where I am going.[EMO]confuse.gif[/EMO]

Shane

Shane,

you are of course right. The Google maps should serve to help with route planning but each of our vans is sat nav equipped and get real time fedback on current traffic conditions.

Shane Barker

You the man…isn’t today’s technology just an awesome thing.

Shane

Shane wrote

The following is a quote from Harry Hollander of Moraware;

“You can also upgrade from JobTracker SE to JobTracker Enterprise Edition when you want to start taking advantage of integration of your schedule and jobs with quotes, purchasing, and inventory.”

Shane,

I don’t doubt you can upgrade. The “data” will upgrade. But what is the cost of the upgrade. That is what I was trying to alert everyone to. I have not spoken to Harry or anyone else at Moraware, so I am speaking 3rd hand. (and that can be dangerous)

Guy

Shane Barker

Guy,

You are absolutely right, I posted a message to Harry to ask how the cost will work out.

Shane

Yes, you can upgrade from the scheduling/job-tracking-only version (JobTracker Standard Edition) to the full version which includes quotes, purchasing, inventory (JobTracker Enterprise Edition). Here’s how the cost breaks down:

• Standard Edition is $2000 (or 12 monthly payments of $195),
    • starting on October 1, Enterprise Edition will be $7000 (or 12 monthly payments of $650).

The cost to upgrade from SE to EE will be $6000, and the year of included annual maintenance will re-start on the date of the upgrade.

We’re really excited to be offering JobTracker Standard Edition, and as usual, any comments you have on that, or anything else – please let us know.

Harry Hollander
    harry@moraware.com
    Toll-free: 866-312-9273 x802
    Cell: 503-341-0969

Shane Barker

Thank you for the clarification Harry.

Shane

I am so excited! I really wanted to get the software, but am currently unable to do the whole thing. This will be great to get us started using it. (I am sure once I try it I will want the full package. Maybe after I sell my extra house….) Thanks for the heads up!

Lesley

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I think that Moraware has a 90 day money back guarantee. Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for the clarification Harry.

As a marketing “ploy”, maybe you should restate your upgrade policy. Instead of the upgrade costing 6k, say you will give a 50% credit towards the purchase of EE. (50% just sounds better…grin)

Guy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.