Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

Sorry Al, we cross-posted again.

What do you think of the Mission Statement so far?

Bekarion

Tom, I am staying out of the way, you guys are doing great. I like the mission statement.

Tom M

Ok, Al, I saw it at another thread, Private or not, it is time to tighten up the posts.

[added] If for no other reason than to keep the subjects in the right place. Those little buggers will go scurrying everywhere if you don’t watch them.

Tom,

As I posted on another thead, it turns out that I was mistake about being able to take it private at this time. The new section will be geared toward part of what we want to acomplish with SSA.

Apparently we can continue to post about the organization here in the general section. My bad……

I liked the mission statement that you wrote so much that I “borrowed” it for the mission statement for the new section, Countertop Material Studies. And Norm’s projects that he posted we “appropriated” as well as the basis for what we are going to do there.

Is that okay?

Tom M

Is that okay?

Al, glad to help. Have at it. As long as it stays with SSA.

As for posting, I think it is great that it is all access. I’d rather it stay all access when it gets it’s placeholder in the FabNet UniverseTM.

I just want to stress that (and I am one of the worst offenders here) we keep each post true to its original idea. Indexing would be very time-consuming, so keeping as much info on a particular subject within the post will allow a more acurate search. Sort of a poor man’s index.

We should also revisit and update many of these, as well. Until there is a more corralled area, bumping things forward will help things stay organized.

Tom M

Al, on a different note:

We need to keep in mind that, the more space we take up here on FabNet, the more front page real estate we steal from Andy. He needs new ideas to pop up. He needs articles discussed. He needs turnover. We might, on one hand, provide him with a spike in total hits, but it is unique hits (from unique IP’s) that show the value of the place. And for gosh sakes, make sure you visit the advertising sites from here!

Andy, thank you again for the crap you take from us.

Tom,

In addition to leading the new section, Countertop Material Studies, I sent Andy an article on doing the first stone job, with pics of tools needed, as a small introduction to fabricating stone for other fabricators. Not that I am an expert, except being an expert on beginning.

Once the SSA site is in good shape, I intend to ask Andy for permission to link here. Also, I think we need to accept no advertising on SSA, leave all that to Andy in gratitude. Can I count on your support in that? Much of what gets done on SSA will get submitted to Fabnet, so Andy has a fresh source of content.

Visiting the advertisers, I do, with one exception, Web supply. We needed somthing from them and couldn’t find an ad or contact info, so we had to phone it in. I need a Gorilla Grip soon, will make sure I support the advertisers here with that, as well as dealing with Dave and Dani.

Ditto, Andy, if it gets too deep, we will buy you a shovel.

Tom M

Well said, Al.

I’m sure they thank you – and Andy for your support.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.