Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Norm Walters

The new Makita plunge saw, click here.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Looks a little lite for using on solid surface. I couldn’t find the amp rating, do you know what it is?

Norm Walters

Power = 12 amps

Speed = 2,000 – 5,200

Blade =   6-1/2″ 48 tooth

Riving knife = No

Cut capacity at 90 and 45 degrees = 2-1/16″ and 1-7/16″

Maximum bevel = -1degrees to 48 degrees

Cord length = 8′

Weight = 9.1 lbs.

MSRP = $365

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Bit cheaper than the Dewalt and Festool. I must say, I do like the Dewalt. We have been using it for some time now and I am really surprised how well it’s been working. Saves lots of time in the field.

David Gerard

SAme here Andy,  we use our saw every day.   Remember the comment I made about the warning in the distructions? “not for use with solid surface”
    as I was blowing out the dewalt screw guns today I thought about that comment.  My guns are 2 – 15 yrs old.  Dumbest thing written,   I wonder if the router manual says the same thing?   I don’t have dewalt routers so…now im curious.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I don’t think it will really be a problem. Just blow it out before you send it in and all will be fine.

I have 2 Festool saws a TS 55 and a TS 75, the 55 is pretty worn out but still cuts allright. I wonder if the Makita fits the Festool guide rails and dust extraction hoses.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I love FESTOOL but I just wish it wasn’t twice the price of other tools. It would make my decision easier.

David Gerard

Hi guys, I wanted to post on the dewalt track saw thread but couldn’t find it.  Anyway…my dewalt track saw after 1.5 yrs burned up yesterday.  In all fairness I thought it would have lasted a bit longer but it didn’t.  We use it every day and hard.  I cut alot of 1.5 finished  SS fronts with it,  Im sure that over worked it.  I bought another and will have this one looked at to be repaired and used as a spare.  Still worth it I think.  How are the others out there holding up?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

We still have ours and use it mostly for rough cutouts and installs. It is so easy to cleanup with the vacuum hose attachment. Makes shower installs a breeze.

I would actually buy another if mine burned out as well. It’s not as heavy duty as a Skill Saw but the track system makes up for it.

KCWOOD

Sorry to hear that Dave, however, I think you have just surpassed the cost of my Festool I bought about 7 yrs ago…

I know a contractor who bought 2 Dewalts for his crews, didn’t even last 1 yr.

Does anyone have any Festool that is not working? I hear that even their vacs, even when broken and battered by an incident with a truck… can still be repaired… right Norm? LOL

The Festool TS75EQ is only about $205 more than the DeWalt and comes with a 75″ rail.

I use mine for rough cut out so that I don’t have to flip a sheet around on a table saw.  I love it.

Johnny C

Norm Walters

Posted By Kelsey Crisp on 10 Jan 2012 11:41 AM
    Sorry to hear that Dave, however, I think you have just surpassed the cost of my Festool I bought about 7 yrs ago…

I know a contractor who bought 2 Dewalts for his crews, didn’t even last 1 yr.

Does anyone have any Festool that is not working? I hear that even their vacs, even when broken and battered by an incident with a truck… can still be repaired… right Norm? LOL

Touche’ Kelsey, yes I was loading my Festool Vac and didn’t lift it high enough and smashed it against the back of my van,  the wheel broke off along with the entire corner of the vac. A combination of bondo, 5 minute epoxy, super glue gel, and solid surface adhesive and she is as good as know, although it looks like hell. I’ll post a pic of it soon.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I have two rotex sanders and they break all the time. Constantly send it in for repair. Sure they can be fixed and that is great, but it aint free to get fixed.

You make is seem that no other tool on the market is any good. And who is to say that Dave can’t get the DeWalt repaired?

David Gerard

My Dewalt is being repaired for 150.00 Now I will have 2. Mine also came with the 5″ fence. If the second one goes on the fritz then I’ll try the Festool.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.