Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

Lenny, Gene:
    I might have asked this question before, but how hard would it be to use a sheet of lumistone as the “EXIT” image with the word “EXIT” routed out of laminate and glued over the face?

The labor savings of the sheetstock versus the inlay should make up for the cost difference, no?

Also, the exposed lumistone edge should give off a hialation glow to help, I would think.

Would it charge enough in hallway light, Lenny?

Tom…That is exactly the easiest way for us as fabricators to do it ….

I would even take it one step further by just routing the Exit word…hitting it with some black paint…your idea would be great sd to matching the fixtures with the same laminate, veneer, etc

how about 1/4 inch ss laminated over the Lumistone then rout thru the 1/4 inch………That should freak out the designers…

I am just having challenges with codes that have already been established…and Im also pissing off some electricians..by pointing out Lumistone exit signs can make their work uneccesary as to installing all those electric exit signs…just in the LEED builder world though…its easy to piss off people thereI Love it

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

What is the difference in price for the sheet vs cartridge?

I thinks its two sheets for (edited) plus frieght and ya hafta pay freight…could be wrong…also says ya hafta buy minimun 2

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

What does the cartridge cost?

around a (edited) bux .

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

It seems if you were careful, you could fill a lot of signs with a 250ml cartridge. I bet the fill would be cheaper.

Tom M

Don’t forget the labor cost to finish, though.

Lenny E

Hi All,

Please dont discuss price on the Fabnet. A few fellows at a laminate meeting long ago discussed that and brought down the wrath of the justice dept upon all. If you all need pricing please email Fred at Tower Industries or email me. I can also get you some special deals. The immaculate Thomas Mather I (the first) esquire, keeper of all arcane surfacing knowledge, Andy, Fed Saw Dave and of course Al have my email addy.

BTW those are some excellent discussions of cost, and labor with respect to Lumistone product. Thanks for your elucidation on the finer points of costing out fabrication of our product. Its no wonder you fine gentlemen are the successful businessmen you are. You bore into this stuff as deeply as I do.

Best Regards to All,

Lenny

PS- Tom, I just had a friend return from the US with guess what? Mad Magazines! I didnt even know they still printed that! Your What me worry? , made me think of that. Im taking the night off to read MAD!

David Gerard

I had a child hood friend who looked like Alfred E. Newman

Spy Vs Spy

Gordon Doull

MAD was my favorite magazine growing up!!

“Don Martin”, “The lighter side of”, “Spy vs. Spy”, the tiny comics in the page margins, and of course the folding back cover…….

LOVE IT…..

Tom M

Thanks, Lenny. I was a MAD mag afficianado until I started getting National Lampoon. That travel issue still elicits a tear of laughter.

I went from Don Martin to PJ O’Rourke in one fell swoop.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.