Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

So I ordered some of the Lovello sinks that LG sells. I like them and I think they are priced real well in the market.

Ordering through the LG portal is something we get used to, but it does give you lots of updates. That can be a reassuring thing. For instance: the last update I got for a sink order was on November 30th. The notice was called “Purchase Order Shipped Notice” Please note the past tense of ship, as in “shipped” implying the items had been sent, otherwise known as “shipped”.

So tomorrow we will be installing a stone top. Tomorrow being 12/12/12 on the calendar. We noticed that we did not have the ordered sinks. Sinks, which – on the aforementioned notice it was stated “This e-mail notification is confirmation that the following material items have
    been successfully shipped.
    ” and the very next line says “The list below identifies the material items which have been confirmed as being
    shipped for purchase order 692
    ” Amongst the items that the “below” referred to was the sink we will be needing for tomorrow’s installation. Tomorrow being twelve days after we received notification that the items were already (as in “have been”) shipped.

We have been informed that the sinks will be arriving around the 21st (presumably of December, but I’m not taking bets). We were also told that “that information can change”. Unless the sinks are coming from Mars, I doubt it takes 21 days to get from where they are to here, especially when we did recieve one of the other sinks on the same order.

Perhaps I simply needed to get that bit of frustration off my chest.
    Perhaps I am being too harsh, though in fairness I am the one who has to face the customer.
    Perhaps I should have checked to see if the sinks were here, instead of relying on others to tell me.

Perhaps LG needs to take a look at their system of notification.

Perhaps.

tom..never schedule an install until the product is in…do i now do that..I even explain that to customers now…it seems like everyone responds to a customer with the same amount..”Whats ur lead time? um..5 weeks…How do heck do we know that…we base that on some other distributor, mFg trucking company who do not want to drive to your area for one sheet and one sink

my customers are cool with that..< i quickly state..that nowadays truckers wait to load up so it is very hard for me to give you an accurate install date…once the materials are in then I can base it on my fabrication and business model and cannot be anyone elses fault…sometimes they even send you the wrong color sink just to hold you off until their big order comes in
    sorry tom..you have now felt the wrath of the new business with others…sux and sad but true…me telling my customers up front makes them sad..but if the shipping goes on schedule…then they actually are more excited..so I dont trust any of that email generated bullcrap…I think that just a billing cycle set on rotopay for their higher ups…
    Tom M

You are correct, Greenie. I will need to adjust my outlook for this new business model stuff. I have to say, the few orders I have given LG were delivered according to their notices. I think, because one of the items was delivered, the system assumed all the items were being shipped. If so, it is a fault in their system, not mine, but as you say, Unless it’s here, it ain’t here.

I had a great talk with Mr. Butts last night and may make some alterations in my plans. Right now, Lovello is the only St. St. sink we tend to push, but that may change.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

LG sucks when it comes to ordering and their ordering system. Don’t know why Amazon can figure it out but not one except LivingStone can figure out how to have an online ordering system that actually works.

You could drive to any part of the county yourself and pick them up in will call in less time.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I forgot to mention, just call Gemstone and see if they have the exact same sink.

Len Smith

Just curious though…when someone tells you that something “has shipped”, how is it possible that “that information may change?”

Tom M

Len,
    Worse than that: I was informed it was shipped, but did not receive three out of four. I asked, and then was told the rest should be shipped by the 21st, but that info can change. In other words, don’t trust what we tell you.

KCWOOD

Did you all get the new pricing book LG sent out?

Did you happen to notice Viatera Quartz is about $1-$3 higher per sq ft?

How in the hell can they make a product 250% thicker, heavier, and only charge a few dollars more for it? Looks like they are trying to run SS out.
    Solid Surface requires us to work on every sq inch of it, Quartz, only the edges.

When Festool makes hand tools that will fab this quartz, we will see all the SS guys going at it!

I sold very little solid surface this year…  we have fabs in this area putting SS out in the 20’s and 30’s…  I’m happy selling the heck out of quartz and granite… and never touching it.

BTW… I would move a lot of LG…. however… I have been LG free all year! Too many problems with them…  

did I mention how easy it is to deal with Livingstone?
    However, they are even slipping.  In the past if I placed  a “will call” order, I would have a email or phone call within 30 minutes  telling me it was ready. Last time it was almost 45 minutes….  giddyUp!!

Robert Butts

We will get that fixed ASAP.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Kelsey sets the bar extremely high.

Tom M

Oh, and I sent my area rep a notice about it all. I still have not heard back from him.

Len Smith

Are you sure he’s still working? They let a lot of people go about a month ago.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I would bet the sales person is no longer there.

Apparently they have opened a distributor here on the west coast.

Tom M

That’s very interesting. I heard a rumor about wanting to stop direct distributor status, but they just changed to that only two months ago. I am wondering why they would want to do that, unless they are going massi8ve distributor, like country wide. Who is that big? Parksite is not, Baer is not, Rugby is not. I don’t know anyone who could handle that big an area.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I think distributors are better when they handle a given area. Not that you couldn’t have a nationwide distributor like LivingStone. They seem to do a great job at servicing the entire country.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.