Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E
    There was a bit of confusion at the Academy Sporting Goods store yesterday evening.

When I was preparing to pay for my purchase of guns and ammo, the cashier said, “Strip down, facing me.”

I was in shock that this darn country has come to this, but do understand that so many acts of terrorism  have happened, and that this Patriot Act and regulations  are probably necessary to protect the people, but really excessive in most situations. 

So making a mental note to complain to the NRA about the gun control whackos running amok, with their excessive rules and regulations for us upstanding, innocent, law abiding  citizens, I, as always, just followed the rules and did just as she had instructed.

When the hysterical shrieking and laughing finally subsided, I found out that she was actually, referring to my credit card and the proper way to run it through the reader.

I have been asked to shop elsewhere in the future.

They really need to make their instructions to us older generation folks, much clearer!

Sincerely,

A Concerned Senior Citizen

Sam Graham

Where are you located in Texas?

I will have to stop by your shop someday.

Lenny E

Sam,

I am about 40 miles outside of Houston, in the stix. I am not a fabricator. I have no shop (well I do, but its for fixing up my ranch equipment and repairing/ restoring firearms, mostly 50 years or older historical pieces).

They still shoot like new though.

I am a decorative surfaces consultant and currently posting from China. I’m trying get the heck out of here. If I have to “wash the people’s car” one more time, I swear before all that is holy, I am going to kick someones butt.

As they say…life is a bee-ach and then you die, but first you must suffer!

I guess I have not suffered enough yet!

Wags

Hey Sam, long time no see.

I have to explain Lenny…..ummmm on the other hand NO ONE can EXPLAIN Lenny ! LOL Lenny IS the guru of Solid Surface. He has had a hand in most of Formica’s colors / products for years. He holds numerous patents for process’s in SS and developed the glow in the dark SS product.

He’s completely nuts, but those of us that love him understand he just played with a few too  many chemicals in his life He’s the loveable uncle were all glad doesn’t live near us LOL

Sam, when ya coming back to Arizona ?

Tom M

Ya got me, Sensei. That was a good one.

Lenny E

Posted By Tom M on 28 Jan 2013 07:18 AM

Ya got me, Sensei. That was a good one.

Tom,

I pulled that off one of the gun forums. It had me too. I fell for that hook , line and sinker until almost the end.
    I sent it to some relatives including my Mom. She emailed me but didn’t mention it, so I asked her if she got my joke about buying guns and ammo at Academy Sporting Goods.
    Her reply was “That was a joke? Thank God, I thought that really happened to you!” 

Lenny E

Posted By Wags on 27 Jan 2013 02:40 PM

Hey Sam, long time no see.

I have to explain Lenny…..ummmm on the other hand NO ONE can EXPLAIN Lenny ! LOL Lenny IS the guru of Solid Surface. He has had a hand in most of Formica’s colors / products for years. He holds numerous patents for process’s in SS and developed the glow in the dark SS product.

He’s completely nuts, but those of us that love him understand he just played with a few too  many chemicals in his life He’s the loveable uncle were all glad doesn’t live near us LOL

Sam, when ya coming back to Arizona ?

Wags,

I missed your post last night (dui bu qi – Chinese for I’m Sorry).
    Thanks (I think) for the kind words. 

thanks for the explanation of dui bu qi, I thought it involved BBQ sauce and a camel.

Lenny E

John how are ya?

Actually I rode camels thru the desert out in Xinjiang (the wild wild west of China). Never had to eat any though.

Xinjiang..you see shells, cannons,Chinese troops everywhere out there (Its muslim land).

They got this road going south out of Kashgar. It runs all way thru Xinjiang and runs down into Islamabad in Pakistan (I call it Crackistan_). It is paved on the Chinese side and a rut from hell on the Paki side.

I always wondered why the Chinese needed a big paved road in the middle of nowhere up against the border. A Chinese General finally answered. He said we like to get tanks up in there quickly. We don’t trust the Muslims.

There is a little piece of Afghanistan that touches China like a long bony finger of death along a mountain range. It is an unofficial border crossing called the Wak’jahir pass. I seen it from the next mountain over . A guide I paid, took me there.

I wanted to cross , even seeing Chinese troops everywhere, I said I think I can duck them. He said yeah right! What about the snipers you can’t see. You cross, I will stay here. When they shoot you , or arrest you, I’m outta here.

I took his advice. That was something to see though.

Guys, I’m tired. I just want to go home for a spell and recoup!

Tom M

You’ve been over there a long time this trip.

Lenny E

Tom,

Only 6 months this latest trip. I can do that standing on my head.In 2005, 2006, 2007 it was 50-51 weeks out of the year. And in 2008 6 month in Chi com town, alotta time in turkey and Nam. Nam..don’t even start me on that commie shithole!

2009-2010 (Mercenary stuff..like fight club, can’t say ya know.)

Latter 2010 , 2011 , 2012..SUCKED BACK INTO THE VORTEX!

I was looking at finances..I think I can retire soon. Oh thank you Jesus! Let me buy an island, some missiles and just leave me the hell alone!

Oh, I want tanks, Jets, nukes, subs, battleships and destroyers too. Just to insure being left the hell the alone.

Tom, fabnetters are always welcome though on Isle Lenny!

I can see it when I shoot down the first US, Chinese or Russian planes.. I will have to get on the shortwave and without laughing request …Cleanup on Isle 3! heh heh

Tom M

Well, you have marines and army on the ‘Net. I could probably p[ilot a mid-size ship, but CIC would need to be manned.

How was Turkey?

Lenny E

Tom,

Turkey?

I worked there more than I liked too. The Ocean coast(Mediterranean) was nice, Cesme, Izmir and Constantinople (Istanbul..actually technically in Europe and on the coast of the Black sea).

The coast is fairly secular although the majority are muslim. as you move inland toward Ankara and The borderlands (Iran and Iraq) it gets mad dog conservative muslim crazy.

They also have this movement called the Kurdistan Workers party (PPK) which basiacally are ethnic Kurds that want their own country. They are always shooting someone or blowing something up. They have camps across the border from Turkey in Irag and Iran etc.

I befiended some Turk Army guys while working there. They liked guns and liked to drink so we got along just fine. They liked to drink this stuff called Raki (its a sweet anise or liquorice flavored liquor and is horrible). Well one evening we were fairly drunk and I asked them, how come you guys drink alot but are muslims?

They laughed and said, the rest of the muslim world does not think we are very good muslims. But we are Turks and will always drink our Raki.

I had to laugh.

One day they caught someone (PPK guy) planting a couple of kilo’s of C-4 wired up near my hotel. When I went to the seaside eatery for dinner, all the Brits, Germans etc., were gone. I asked my waiter (who used to call me Leonardo Da Vinci, always made me laugh)..’Where the heck is everyone?”

He told me when they planted that bomb they all got scared and left.He said ” You are the only foreigner who stayed. Why did you stay”

? I said I have work to do and am too stubborn to leave.

Finally them Army guys told me to leave, it was not safe for Americans, so I got myself up out of Turkey and have never been back there.

I had a good time there though. Unbeknownst to me Turkey had a lot of biblical history. Supposedly Jesus Mother settled in Turkey after Jesus was crucified. I went to visit the little stone house legend says she lived in until she passed on. Also I went to Ephesus (Pauls letter to the Ephesians). I think I posted pix on Fabnet somewhere of those places.

Lenny E

Tom,

I found some Turkey pix. I am posting one of me smoking a hookah in the fabnet T shirt sightings (see da Swamp!)! The caterpillar saying “who are U, give me back my damn hookah before I strangle you with a hundred hands” did not make it into the pix.

I have tons more and even a pix of a gunboat and a wayward Russian lady engineer and her half Turkish girl buddy I hung out with!

Tom M

“…
    Constantinople (Istanbul..actually technically in Europe and on the
    coast of the Black sea).”

Absolute best song by They Might Be Giants: Istanbul,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgc3F1XZTAw

Done with a looney toon feature as the visual

Favorite line: “So If you’ve a date in Constantinople, she’ll be waiting in Istanbul”.

The history around the Mediterranean is special. I would love to just tour around the coastline someday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.