Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Are we allowed to purchase stuff at Amazon? Just checking.

I like the idea of buying at the local small shop. The problem I find is their return policy is typically terrible. At Costco and Walmart, they just take it back without question. I like that policy because I am honest and don’t take advantage of their generosity.

anhui

The poor old lady went to her work at Wal-Mart, even in the snow. She was living alone with her cat. She has already begun at our local Wal-Mart work, first open the work of spy watches more than 30 years.

Lenny E

I want some of what he is drinking ^

In Texas the Wal Marts sell guns and ammo. What about where ya’all live?
    Any mainstream store that has cajones enough to sell guns and ammo in these libtard times is A-OK with me.
    Wags

They do here also Lenny… The problem with WalMart today is.. it is light years away from how Sam ran it. Sam would always try to buy American first, and only go to other countries when he could not find what he needed at a price he could afford. When he died, management became only interested in $$$. They not only go with the lowest price, but even beat them up. How many companies have they put of out business? Look at Schwinn bikes..they bought the name and moved operations to China. They have bastardized the good Schwinn name by making a cheap copy of a one proud American Name. I use to wear Wranglers all the time. They took them over so the type I like was sold only by Wal Mart. They removed the button and replaced it with a cheap closure that breaks the first time you use them. They also shortened the pockets so nothing stays in them. Sadly I have quit wearing Wranglers. If you pay attention, many things WalMart sells, are cheapened a little her, little there, so they can sell on price. They APPEAR to be like they use to be, but, aren’t. Wal Mart on many items is a rip off.

Costco on the other hand, has grown their business by offering good products at good prices. If anything, most of the Kirkland brand products are as good or better than the “brand” name products. They don’t try to sell at the cheapest price, just the best value. Hopefully CostCo won’t change with the CEO and founder stepping down. They will stay true to what got them to where they were.

That is what happened with sears, and also K Mart. I worked at Sears in the late 60’s early 70’s when everyone shopped there. They had knowledgeable salespeople who cared, and you could count on the information they gave you. Then K Mart came to town with their blue light specials, so sears started their Yellow light for help. They fired the full time professional sales people and went part timers, who knew little and could care less. We all know what happened to Sears..

I agree we need to support local companies if we want to save our country. We can’t sell out to the large corporations, who only care about $$ not their customers. Once they have driven all the local companies out, prices will rise and service will drop.

We complain about no good jobs, but then when we go to buy something we want the cheapest price, no matter where it was made or how inhumanly they are treated. I’m sure Lenny could tell some stories about factories he has seen.

Lenny E

Hi Wags,

Point well taken. A long time ago I realized I’m just `1 guy, and have to choose my battles carefully. I do a lot of work in multiple countries in Asia to make a quality surfacing product. Am I happy about US manufacturing going offshore? Answer is NO!

The decision to take manufacturing offshore was in the hands of the CEO’s and shareholders. To deny them that is too give the government an even greater grasp on our lives.

Now I’m over 50. Ever try to apply for a job at over age 50? I’m sure you have. Blacks scream about discrimination but wait till they get over 50. If you are 50 plus…its darn near impossible to get a job. The companies here screw anyone over 50.

I do this because

A.) I can
    B.) It supports my family without having my hand out for some ‘gummit” benes!
    C.) I have my own company.

I will shop at Walmart because they have affordable prices.

America is like Rome before the fall. Our Muslim in Chief , and Bush before him, decimated the Constitution and bill of rights after 9/11. And to make it even worse, those PC libtards, dare anyone to say anything at all about Muslims channeling their inner Al Queada..Geez who were the terrorists?

The America I knew does not exist anymore. It’s like the Road Warrior, it only exists in my mind. If you ain’t some Homo, Atheist, Muslim radical, panty stealing fabricator or commie then you won’t get any respect from A/s/s kissing libtard politicians or the press or the ‘gummit” in the US.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.