Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

we have a similar one, not the one from FAB Choice but another. We use it to re-introduce parts on the CNC to profile but I guess it would work to project an image to trace. However, the more information you try to project at one time, i.e. a couple of pieces to cut from the same sheet, sink cut out, etc. the less accurate the laser is. It is not a steady image it actually moves, the less info the less it seems to move or even be stable but if there is a lot it looks broken or the liine can move better than an 1/8″. For us, it is a guide line since all of our parts are oversized. Maybe the one from FAB choice does not move like that, but I would say it is going to be the same system, different name.

As far as the LT-55 goes, we have it and at first hated it but once we developed a system and learned some tricks, we love it. If you have any questions please feel free to email me or call my office.

John

Tom M wrote

Travis,
    Have you considered that laser image thingy Fab Choice sells that Andy and Mory have had up?

Tom

I think that fab choice laser is in the 23k range. Pricey for what you are wanting. Other choice is buy the vinyl template plotter that laser tech sells. It is designed to overcome your exact situation.

Guy

Tom M
    23k? Holy crap!
    Thanks for the update. I won’t be recommending that anymore!

John,
    I know there are laser etching machines that work on a wall mounted “table”. I wonder if there isn’t a cnc cutter that does the same, and takes up little floor space? Other than that, the vinyl cutter seems a good bet.

Tom

we are looking into the vinyl cutter for our laminate shop since it does not have a CNC so we can template all of our tops the same way. our laser is mounted on the ceiling of the shop and does a pretty good job of projecting and image but it was pretty expensive.

John

For all those who have a LT-55 email me at stonework2003@yahoo.com and I will send you the new software ver. 1.41-6. Really slick stuff, auto fillet, on screen dimensions, autoable beep, constant laser light and much more. For those of you looking at the system email me or Gordon and I can arrange you a live Demo.

Tom M

I’ll say one thing for the LT-55, the CD they give you is very well done. Not an actor, the real guy, so it ain’t pretty (j/k), but it gives excellent information.

Question: Which do you guys think would be easier/more economically viable to shoot a whole kitchen?

Thinking of the average number of obstacles, turns, etc. Also the ability to quickly capture trim, casings (yeah, I know, casings are trim, sheesh!), outlets, etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.