Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Anyone use the LaserTemplator LT-55? I am considering using it for my templating along with some other options like PhotoTop and E-Template.

Andy

Andy,

Good post I am interested what others have to say. However, Andy, call me at the office I have a couple of questions for you as well as some advice.

Thank

John

239-334-1151

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I learned today that a fellow fabricator had some problems with real sharp angles. He said it was difficult to get an accurate measurement. Also there were problems getting the laser to read the back side of molding in garden window.

Is anyone else experiencing these same kinds of problems?

Thanks

Andy,
    we use phototop. No complaints. I am able to stick a templator on a plane and have him back in 8 hrs or less.

Gabe

We use the LT-55 as of now, but Ithink the photo-top is probably the better system. My boss bought this because we do some templating befor the cabinets are in installed and with the laser it is possible. However, we have found some things it has problems doing, such as where a full wall ties into a half wall for a riased top, or returns that it can not see. You would have to re set the laser on another angle, which presents another problem.

John

Gordon Shell

Guys,

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, I am an independant distributor of the LT-55, I offer discount pricing and training. All of the issues that you are speaking of are caused by user error.

For sharp angles we have black angle targets that keep the laser from reflecting, you get errors if the unit sees 2 dots instead of 1. The black targets cancel out the 2nd dot eliminating the error.

The other issue that was discussed baffles me, not sure what they are saying about resetting the laser to capture angles. We can capture blind corners as easy or easier than any other system. Very simple method is used.

The LT-55 is the most accurate and affordable system on the market. We have no problem putting someone on a plane and having them back in 8 hours, the entire unit fits into a briefcase and a tripod bag, very easy to check as luggage.

The LT-55 also creates a dxf file as you template, there is no down time transferring files. You simply pull out the SD Card and plug it into your computer, your cad files automatically recognize the dxf file.

You can contact me @ gshell661@yahoo.com or on my cell @ 616-293-6170 with any questions. You can also go to the video page of this site to see the LT-55 in action.

Just like any other system out there, the capabilities are limited by your training, we have over 400 units in the field with out complaints, most of those guys were trained in less than an hour, most from the video or over the phone.

You won’t find an easier more accurate system for under 10K.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

OK Gordon, what’s up? Where do you work? At first I thought you sold the LT-55. Then I thought there was another Gordon out there selling EOS, only to find it is the same person. Now your username says http://www.leanfab.com.

I am confused, set me straight.[EMO]confuse.gif[/EMO]

Tammy Olson

Same here- I thought Gorndon Shell was the Midwest EOS Rep. Part Time Gig?

We tried the LT55 – didnt like it. Wasnt accurate enough for us. But there are all kinds of people and they have particular likes and dislikes so there has to be products to support all the people.

Gordon Shell

Everyone,

I am the midwest manager for EOS Surfaces and love my job and product. I became an independant distributor for the LT-55 back in the days when I was a fabrication manager for brand C. The Laser Products guys have been very good to me and I love their system, with that said, I am still a distributor for them. I spend 99.9% of my time working on my EOS business, the Laser kind of works by itself and gives me a little “kicking around money”. Leanfab.com was created by me to show products that some of my top customers work with, it was also created back in the brand C days. I am passionate about this business and like to do all I can to help my customers/friends in the business. I developed Leanfab back when I was consulting in fab shops on lean manufacturing, shop layout, etc. The site was a way for others to see projects I was working on and learn how to implement some of the improvements into their own businesses, my site is still in the updating phase. I pay for the site on my own and offer spaces for my friends with products to advertise, trust me the site is not a profitable one.

I chimed in on the LT-55 conversation not to get sales but to try to assist those having problems. I haven’t collected a penny of commisions from those who had posted their problems, but that doesnt stop me from wanting to help them learn the system properly. The reason I spend so little time on my Laser business is simply because of the ease of use of the unit, I sell it, spend a couple hours showing the guys the bells and whistles and then go back to my real job. I, personally, have only had one of my units returned and it was due to a bankruptcy of a fabricator. I really think of the LT-55 business as a weekend hobby.

So, Andy you are right, I do sell the LT-55 but my bread and butter and passion is EOS 3cm. I left the largest most well branded solid surface company in the world to become Mid-west Manager of EOS because I strongly believe that 3cm will be a very large part of the future of solid surface. I love working for EOS because they haven’t gotten the “big head” syndrome that some of the others have, they are fabricators that had an awsome idea and ran with it. I plan to finish out my Solid Surface career with the folks at EOS.

Sorry if I caused any confusion on the board, I usually sit on the side lines and watch the discussions. I just couldn’t sit silent when I saw a few folks that I could very easily help.

To stay within the rules of the board (soliciters) I tried to not advertise my position with EOS, if anyone had interest in EOS I knew they would find me very easily.

Thanks to everyone,

Gordon Shell

Midwest Manager, EOS Surfaces.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Gordon,

Don’t stop posting. If you have something to say, say it. I was just wondering. I couldn’t believe how confused I was.

The purpose of the post was not to critisize you for promoting your product. Of course we don’t want people to pedal their good, but if you have something to share with the fabricators then please post. You knowledge may just help others in the industry.

Andy

Guys,

If there are any questions that Gordon can not answer please feel free to ask me anything on the LT-55. I am the Regional Sales Manager for Laser Products.

As for as reflection, Gordon is right, if the laser sees two dots it will measure one, but it measures the one where the most light is. We offer mini trade show in different regions and we will also be at IWF this week and we teach people how to use it at the booth.. We have over 400 users in the past 2 years and all of those clients are happy. We also offer a 30 Money Back policy if you are not happy with the system. It is the only one you can try before you buy!!!!! Feel free to watch the demo on our web site http://www.lasersquare.com

Call me or email if yo have any questions.

I just ordered the lt55. This is my problem. I orderd it because I outsource my stone fabrication and they are 200 miles away. Great solution. Now the problem.

We fabricate our own solid surface and laminate. We do not have a cnc. I need a way to get from digital to workpeace and have heard that the vinyl template cutter is less than perfect. Is there any other solution?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

You could buy a cheap ass cnc that would cut thin door skin for your templates. It would probably still cost about $8000 to do that.

Tom M
    Travis,
    Have you considered that laser image thingy Fab Choice sells that Andy and Mory have had up?

Tom

I have thought about it but know nothing abouit it. Does anyone have one? Or more infor.

What do they cost anyway?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.