Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Lenny E

Update, I stand corrected. Some bad tooth big eared , bad gene pool Brit called me and yelled at me alot and said I was wrong. He said Marc Bolan of T Rex fame wasn’t driving. He said it wasn’t a jag. He said Marc’s honeybug..some chick named Gloria was driving.

So I dug into it deeper. That’s who I am. That’s what I do. They were driving in a purple mini 1275 GT, license plate Fox 66IL. Marc  was riding shotgun, in the death seat. It was 4AM or somesuch. When they hit that tree (after bouncing over a bridge) Marc got thrown into the back (his side of the car took the hit). He died instantly and Gloria survived. I called some peeps at MI-5 and checked that out. It’s true.

I’m Sorry for posting bad intel before.

Tom M

Wasn’t there another rocker – maybe a rockabilly guy, Eddie something, maybe, who bought it in a car as well?

Also either Jan or Dean – can’t remember which?

Lenny E

James Dean,

James Dean!

You know just what I mean!

Too fast to live,

Too young to die,

Bye, Bye!

Sue Turner

Tom Jan and Dean had a song called Dead Man’s Curve.  It was based on (I think it was Jan) drage racing his Corvett and crashing it on a curve.

Tom M

I was thinking of Eddie Cochran, of 20 flight rock and Summertime Blues fame. I had to do some digging for that one. Died in a car crash in England, where he was more popular than in the US.
    20 flight Rock was a truly awesome early R and R song.

“Ooh, well I got a girl with a record machine
    When it comes to rockin’ she’s the queen
    We love to dance on a Saturday night
    All alone where I can hold her tight

But she lives on the twentieth floor uptown
    The elevator’s broken down

So I walked one, two flight, three flight, four
    Five, six, seven flight, eight flight, more
    Up on the twelfth I’m started to drag
    Fifteenth floor, I’m a ready to sag
    Get to the top, I’m too tired to rock”

William, I know about the dead man curve thing, but I remember there was a rocker who sang a song about a car wreck who later died as a result of one. I can’t remember who, though, and it drives me nuts. Maybe the guy who sang “D.O.A.”? One of the most creepy R and R songs ever.

Lenny E

Tom,

DOA, by Bloodrock! A blast from the past. I remember that one. “I remember,  we were flying high low and hit something in the air”, or somesuch. You are right, that song was creepy as hell. I used to remember that one when I drank too much.  It made me take a cab and kept my Camaro keys in pocket , so it was good for that.

Hey my wife is flying over here to protect me, take care of me and protect the pilot of the money plane (as chicks are prone to do). Don’t be fooled. Generally ladies don’t have as much respect for the bulge in the front of your pants as do for the bulge in your back pocket (da wallet).. She thinks I have gone completely over the edge and went totally insane from living years in isolation in commie land. She thinks I’m the Howard Hughes of China and I need an intervention. She is wrong. 
    I wrote a song for her..
    “You think I’m not good,
    But I’m a lot of fun.
    I like to do my want,
    and spin them guns!
    You say my temper is bad as Hell,
    But you say my heart is good as well.
    You say I do all  for the family,
    But you yell me alot and won’t let me be.
    How can this ever  be?
    It’s a freaking dichotomy.
    I wait you on this side of the world,
    You are my rock and roll diamond girl!”
    Do you think she will like my bad poetry?
    Tom M

Yeah, as long as her English still sucks.

Oh, did I say that out loud?

Still, you are a more productive songwriter than I have been these past couple of years, so I ain’t sayin’ nothin’.

Lenny E

Posted By Tom M on 13 May 2013 07:50 AM

Yeah, as long as her English still sucks.

Oh, did I say that out loud?

That made me laugh out Loud Tom.

I guess I have to keep the “Day Job”. 
Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.