Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Is this show beneficial? I want to go next year! I see mixed reviews?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

If you have never been to the show, you will probably like it. It used to be really big but has declined over the years. Those thinking it will be like it was in 2007 will be surprised how much smaller it is.

I wanna go..and it seems I always say I and never do..the longer I wait the worse it is…I am so greatful i got to see the big show in vegas back in 07 and 08…but I guess if they ever get rid of computers…maybe it will grow again…The builder shows are big out here…and they charge like 400 bucks to get in…I make sure i get a sale at one of those shows or else I feel like I got robbed

KBIS would only interest me if they were in florida…not the show but the actual designers and kitchen and bath enthusiasts…other than that i would be goign to check out my friends on vacation…but for sales I would do more better at a nurses convention…so the question arises…what are u going to KBIS for?
    to see that new faucet or shower head that plays Black Sabbath…well thats on You tube…i wanna just meet designers who are in competition to show off their designs to the world…customers like their pictures…but need us to build them
    but to see my road dog Gordon would be worth it..and jon a bonus..after that…YAWN
    KCWOOD

Posted By Kristin Davis on 29 Apr 2013 11:04 AM
    Is this show beneficial? I want to go next year! I see mixed reviews?

Next year KBIS will align with the Builders show…. which is HUGE!!! and be in VEGAS! GiddyUP!!  I went to KBIS in Chicago last time… and most of the countertop companies were there, unlike when they didn’t show for the ISFA show. It was a smaller show from yrs past… with over half the booths with imported faucets… there was a gazillion of them..  

I like the shows because it gives me the resource advantage over my competitors who don’t go.  I also like to meet new people and network with them on what is working for them.

The value of the dollar spent is amazing… WHEN you go to a show with a day or two  worth of exhibitors.  Nothing is any more wasted than going to a show with just a handful of exhibitors, which is why the ISFA show attendance dwindled to nothing.

Even if you are in sales or fabrication… you will learn , if you don’t let Vegas get the best of you the night before…

Right Lenny?? 

KC

Tom M

I went to a KBIS in Orlando a few years ago. What an experience! The exhibit hall must have been half a mile long and just about as wide. Kohler had a waterfall that was computerized to spell out stuff. The appliance booths were all high tech thingies that wowed your senses. It was worth going at least once.

I know it is not as big these days and if we wait a few years it may get back to what it was, but it was really something.

Thanks guys! I still think it’s worth it, I just have to convince my boss. I think next year’s should be busy, especially if it aligns with the Builders show. Maybe they just need some better promotional methods….

Lenny E

Kirsten, you go girl!

I’m kind of jaded as far as Trade shows go. I only attend the Chinese ones now. Oh BTW I’m the insane gun toting , globe trotting cowboy on this here board. I’m very pleased to make your aquaintence.

BTW please give some thanks to Andy, who thru blood , sweat and tears made this miracle we call fabnet.

It’s the only surfacing board I post on, because it’s the very best. You came to the right place

Haha, thank you Andy!
    Lenny, I’m assuming you are a fabricator?? What company do you work for? Or do you have your own? I don’t think we’ve worked with you before.

Lenny E

Hi Kirsten,

No I am not a fabricator although I did a 4 year gig as technical director of ISFA if that counts for anything. I own my own company. I am a decorative surfacing consultant and am currently kicking it in China and as usual am up to no good whatsoever.

Tom M

There are other surfacing forums?

Sensei! How are things in Commie-land?
    Kristin, there is a post in the General tab called “introduce yourself here”. If you wish, give us a post about yourself. Welcome to Fabnet.

Lenny E

Tom,

Things are splendid in Commie land. China has changed alot. They have become the capitalists. America has become the commie country AND China has become like America in the 50’s. Its a TOPSY TURVEY world. Up is down and down is up! I stay here now. They have no extradition to the US. And thats a good thing.

I dont even recognize my birth country America anymore. That Obama prick has his tits in the wringer over this benghazi fiasco. I’m laughing my fat ass off over this. Everyone I know in the biz is laughing about this. The mercs, soldiers of fortune, and anyone with half a brain hates that guy.

That prick and his little witch Hillary and the lying press told one too many lies about benghazi. Now the chickens have come home to roost. I think that little prick will choke to death on his last lie and I could not be happier!

I guess what I’m trying to say is Life is good to me. Its good to be da king in the land of no extradition.

Tom M

Not to completely derail this thread, but if you think the press will damage their golden team of Obama and Hilary you are sadly mistaken. Remember when Watergate had wall to wall network TV coverage? Not this time, mi amigo. Nothing to see here, move along.

They need to protect the election for Hilary in 2016. On that, you can rely.

Lenny E

Hillary or should I call her Hitelry. Tom, That witch is the effing devil.

Now I’m effing pissed off Tom M.

I just got off the horn with Davie. He is still down there at Langley. We used to be a team It was 5 of us. Me, Davie, the effing albino, Ms Yang..I pulled her out of prison in China, that girl is a born killer, and another American, (he who shall not be named), that guy was death incarnate. I found him and trained him. He even scared me and that’s hard to do.

Davie called me. He said everyone is dead. Only you and I remain. He said “You were the very smart guy. You sent the government a lot of files and then you sent them all over the world, with the caveat, if you fuck with me or my family upon my death I will send this to the press. All of you will go to prison. You better hope I live forever”.

The albino is dead. He got his ass shot off and handed to him in Laos.That guy was a gunslinger par excellent. It took a lot of people to put him into the ground. He did me proud!

He who shall not be named bit the bullet in Pakistan. Those muslim fuckers shot him in the back.

Davie thinks the honeybug girl is dead.

Ms Yang is quite alive and still my body guard.

Well anyway Tom..Ms Yang and I are going to fly back to the US. We will do that in a   P-38 (old drug and gun runner plane) kissing the wavetops and ducking radar. I won’t even go thru customs or immigration. Hey, They let them effing Mexicans dance over the border with impunity. Me and Ms Yang will sit on the Rio Grande and cut those fuckers in half with a 50 cal, and let the body’s float down the river.

And I can say there will be hell to effing pay! I am going to kill them all and let God sort them out.

Does that make me a bad person?

Tom M

Ms Yang. That cutie.
    Still, get ready for Clinton 2, electric boogaloo.

Lenny E
    Hey Tom, 

I will fry that Clinton bitch. I asked Ms Yang “how do like your Clinton served” She said roasted to hell , shaken, not stirred.

I had to laugh. You really have to love Ms Yang. She is like a fungus and tends to grow on ya! 🙂

BTW Marc Bolan of T Rex fame  is dead. He wrapped His jag around a tree at high speed back in the day.

I guess he was the brit equivalent of James Dean.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.