Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Gordon Doull

Great input, Gene. I agree that more recycled content is decidedly better for any munufacturer. The more we can put in instead of sweep up and throw away, the better.

Just don’t ever quote Paris Hilton again……..

Why Not when i see your hair do I say ‘Thats Hot!” I know i gotta watch this femine side of me popping out without warning..hehehehehe

Tom M

You’re going to be watching musicals any time now, Jersey.

Tom, I’ll only share with you….I was in a deli the other day and i saw a bookay of flowers…i walked over to them and sniffed them….man i breathed deep and said out loud in the store How Fabulous they smell…dude i feel like someone put sugar in my tank…I just aint thinking right bro….something going on…eating Sushi, trying to talk people outta fights…I have a strange desire to watch the “Sound or Music” …Help…next I’ll be wearing Love beads

I hope I dont want to get a mini Van soon…Im scared Tom dont tell anyone Ok ?

Tom M

My lips are sealed.

No, really, Dude, I mean sealed tight – don’t even try.

…………………………………………………………………….

Besides, I’m saving myself for the G-Man. He’s dreamy.

Lenny E

Tom,

Since you fabricate Laminates can I ask you a question? Hows the green situation in Laminates? Its been a while since Ive actively pressed Laminates. Anyway please bear with me.

Im thinking paper is one of the easiest things to recycle. If the laminate companies had a Base paper (the one on the bottom) with a high recycle content- it could qualify as green. Even the decorative paper on top, could have some recycle content.

The nice thing about it, that would be post consumer recycle content, which LEEDS prefers. Are any laminate companies actively looking into this?

Just wondering,

Lenny

Tom M

Matt D will be better to chime in ion the subject than I, but I think that laminate is green in more ways than recycling.

On that matter, the phenolic resin can’t be great for the soil, but you’re not going to see landfills or recycling plants near groundwater supplies anyway, so no biggie on that. You also need to consider the particleboard substrate and it’s bogus “harmful” outgassing of formaldahyde. I would presume that most of that is well gone by the time the countertop gets hauled out and discarded. Again, I bet Matt D would have more info on this. If it is a concern, use the low content substrate and be done with it.

What I do see that’s different and highly “Green”, is that you can get a tremendous amount of material to the fabricator per amount of fuel consumed. Even considering the substrate, which is lighter per square foot of top than most any other material. That’s a big savings, right there. It is produced in the US and Canada, for the most part, so no sea going carriers.

That’s just a quick .o2’s worth. Give me some time and I can invent a few more.

Gordon Doull
    Posted By Tom M on 05/27/2008 6:07 PM

My lips are sealed.

No, really, Dude, I mean sealed tight – don’t even try.

…………………………………………………………………….

Besides, I’m saving myself for the G-Man. He’s dreamy.

LMAO, Tom!!

Holy $h*t……. I almost fell outta my chair on that one!! “No, really….don’t even try.” HA HA HA HA…

And I’ve got my eye on you too, you cuddly bear, you……

cwtooker

The only knock I get on formica being green is the urea formaldhyde. At least that what the “green” article on the home page here says.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.