Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Shane Barker

We power down the machine each night, I’m curious why you guys leave yours on.

Shane

Matt Kraft

Shane wrote

We power down the machine each night, I’m curious why you guys leave yours on.

Shane

We were told there is no reason to turn it off, and it complicates start up procedures, so we just leave it on.

Tom M

Shane,

From what I remember, AXYZ routers will lose their settings pertaining to surface and depth once power is shut down. Doesn’t matter, I shut down anyway.

Tom

Matt Kraft

Tom M wrote

Shane,

From what I remember, AXYZ routers will lose their settings pertaining to surface and depth once power is shut down. Doesn’t matter, I shut down anyway.

Tom

Tom, you can use the flash memory using F35 and F36 and you shouldn’t lose them. (35 saves, 36 retrieves). You are right, though, we just leave it on.

Tom M

Thanks, Matt,

I did not know that – I will check it out.

FabNet rules!

Tom

Seth Emery

Shane,

The probe sounds really cool. I have never had the “Failure in NC Base!” error, so I can’t comment on it specifically. I only use one knowledge drawing, and I occassionally purge it of unused items. I do my best to keep it as simple as possible. I would think that starting a knowledge drawing from scratch would be the easiest thing. Then, once you have the knowledge base set up, make sure you always only use the drawing as a template file. Sometimes I do have the DO-IT cycle on Router-CIM bomb out, and I have to go through and geoshape and create toolpaths manually. This can come from a shape that it is impossible to calculate tool compensation for. I have also had this happen when using programming layers in paper space.

Have a good one,

Seth

Shane Barker

Thanks Seth,

The tool touch off probe has its own software. You go to measure tool and it will bring up a selection of tools, pick the tool or tools you want to touch off and it will go through a process that will have you manually lower the tool to about ¼’ off the probe then push cycle start and it will automatically come down and lightly touch the probe a couple of times and then the Z will raise and it will tell you what the tool height is and then automatically put the value in for that tool. It will then pick up the next tool if you selected more than one and start the process over again. I would not want to do it any other way…okay so I guess I am spoiled…but…whatever.

Shane

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.