Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Wayne

Jon Olson,
    Can you give me a shot of the front edge of that top? I’m positive there will be some pitting, you got lucky with your burled beach if you had none.

and

John Christensen,
    I wouldn’t send the sheets back for DuPont to fill the pits, I’d just flat out reject the material if we deemed the pitting too deep and abort the job.

Jon Olson

Here you go Wayne.

John I was under the impression Corian promotes  the back side as a design option
    Norm Walters

Wayne, you can thermoform the build up for the banjo with a heat gun.

Posted By Wayne on 04 Feb 2011 09:23 AM
    Joe,
    What don’t you like about this whole idea other than the pitting. If they’re shallow, we’ll sand them out and if they’re deep…I guess we’ll return the sheets. I dunno, I think we’ll go for it after a lengthy conversation with the customer.

Wayne:

As long as you can get the pits filled, the sheet sanded flat and nicely finished, make money and have a happy customer, I have no objections.

Joe

Wayne

Feeling more confident…you guys are the best, thank you!

Posted By Jon Olson on 04 Feb 2011 11:02 AM 

John I was under the impression Corian promotes  the back side as a design option

Jon:

I may have spoken out of turn.  I thought for sure that I remembered seeing a disclaimer on some samples of the veined pattern saying “This is the back side” or something to that affect.  Can’t find one in my showroom that says that.  Maybe I saw it on the back of a sheet.  I have not heard Corian tout it as a design option.  Regardless,  like joe said, if you can make it work and it makes you money.  Go for it.

Johnny C

Jon Olson

Hey John  I think there is some info on this on Monday I’ll try to find this.  Our kitchen showroom folks are always bringing out customers to look at the back of the sheet .So someone gave them idea.

Have a great weekend

Posted By Jon Olson on 05 Feb 2011 06:41 AM

Hey John  I think there is some info on this on Monday I’ll try to find this.  Our kitchen showroom folks are always bringing out customers to look at the back of the sheet .So someone gave them idea.

Have a great weekend

I am just finishing a job in Corian Juniper.  this is what is printed on the back side of the sheet.

Johnny C

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.