Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

Tom, sorry didnt realize you asked a question..EPD is another type of Certification which is easier and a ‘SHOW me The data” type certification…with all these green labels out there MFGs are realizing which ones are beneficial…Greengaurd certification probaly wouldnt have sold much if it didnt have the word Green in it..EPD is a more transparent certification…Surface fabrication just did a release about it in their article online Im sure you can google it….

Tom M

Thanks. It sounds like a more common sense certification based on what I’ve been griping about these last couple of years.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Bitchen pictures. Glad to see you meet up with people in the industry. Maybe I should have gone. Uhg.

I thought you said the show was in Arizona. Kinda off the beaten path if you ask me. The turnout was excellent. What is the secret to create a successful, long lasting show?

Jon Olson
    Gene nice pics. Grant goes to a ton of shows every  year. He thought this was the best show he’s been to in some while.  Gene ,Grant enjoyed his time with you. He loves your style.

Andy last year’s  show was in Boston. Not sure how them come up with the cities to host

I think it has to be something has never seen before…it seems we already know whats gonna be at our specific shows and we really just go their to seeour friends…and if budgets dont allow…then your friends would hafta settle for e mail

I met so many new friends and Im glad they werent just countertoppers…I need designers, specifiers and archys…it was great but I am just the kionda guy that has a good time when most may not…this show might have bored some…green is my thing…but to some of youse guys that would be like watching grass grow…what interests us is what makes the show…if it mentally taxes people…they will make up excuses as to why they cannot attend

most shows we know a year in advance…its not that we are busy…its that we wanted to be busy during and we can read the reviews and pictures on new media…could be wrong but thats what I seem to see

Next year Chicago…folks

Steve Mehan

Gene , Great pictures thanks for sharing.

Posted By Gene McDonald on 14 Nov 2009 06:06 AM

me and Olivia from vetrazzo

Gene:

I met Olivia at the Surface Expo in Orlando. She is delightful.

Joe

Kevin Padden

Joe & Gene –

You guys know who I thought was a pretty cool gal too?

Suzie Wheeler from Icestone… I had a really nice visit with her……. but….

Darn it… I forgot my camera!!! 

Gene – you get ALL the nice pics!!!

kevin

Joe..isnt she..very down to earth…Kevin.there is an unwritten rule for people like us…always have a camera with you…i always have a camera because i am facinated with designs of everything from nature to busstop benches..

plus thats why I share here so those that werent there can kinda meet people without being there…My friends look out for me like family…the least i can do is share pics on here

Kevin Padden

This was one of the FEW times I DIDN’T follow “the rule” !!! Argh!!!

Kevin..ya know I didnt even think to ask you or wags if youse are gonna be there..It seems Green doesnt interest many people on here, so I wasnt too keen On saying “oh greenbuild is coming anyone going?” Al Gore will be keynote speaker..talk about a hot thread that would open up…my friend Wags would be bringing pitchforks to greenbuild LOL Like he mentioned on the other posts and I wouldnt have enough money to bond him out LOL

Now I feel like a dingbat when I see he was there and you were also…so next green event I dont care I am shouting it from the rooftops..sorry friends
    I probaly missed out on a good handshake from Wags and kevin…it wont happen again

Posted By Gene McDonald on 18 Nov 2009 05:41 AM
    Joe..isnt she..very down to earth…

Gene:

Yes. down to earth; I like that. Kinda like Mary Ann on Gilligans Island. I hate it when guys are sexist pigs and say stuff like “She is smokin’ hot.” I’ll stick with delightful.

Joe

Norm Walters

Posted By Kowboy on 18 Nov 2009 07:49 PM

Posted By Gene McDonald on 18 Nov 2009 05:41 AM
    Joe..isnt she..very down to earth…

Gene:

Yes. down to earth; I like that. Kinda like Mary Ann on Gilligans Island. I hate it when guys are sexist pigs and say stuff like “She is smokin’ hot.” I’ll stick with delightful.

Joe

Now I’m totally confused, say what Joe?

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Delightful is the new, “Smokin Hot”. Common Norm. Geez.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.