Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Tom M
    Reuben,
    I was thinking of writing them about that. I thought it was rather cool that avonite started that. I don’t generaqlly think much of Green Philosophy as it pertains to our industry. There are so many variables as to render it almost useless. Granite is given high points for its longevity. That’s the theory. Solid surface should be given this same credit, but wasn’t. Why not? They might argue that stone has the potential to last longer, but I would point out that countertops made with these premium materials are usually discarded long before their useful lifespan has ended. So what’s the difference? You could also say that stone and solid surface has a life cycle that negates the time it takes to replace itself (oil and stone). But if it only going to be used for an average of 12 years (and I think that may be generous) doesn’t that change the formula?

On the other hand if a customer is willing to pay the price for doing their part, who the frig am I to not help them? I applaud their intentions, and am glad to help out. I just think that, as usual, this is going to be one more bit of face time for manufacturers, and trade associations, to show the folks that hate them on principle that they are worthy of being liked.

Tom

Tom M
    to show the folks that hate them on principle that they are worthy of being liked.

You know, like Dave.

<<<< Wearing glasses, man, you can't hit me.

Signed,
    anonymous

Dave,

I must say you truley will find what it takes to help a guy out. I’ll remeber that the next time my delivery truck breaks down.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Doesn’t always seem like there is some “Catch” when it comes to green products. I works “kinda” like all the other “But” not exactly.

rickey223

KC, 3M Glue Gun? If so, you have to much money 🙂 Call me for options. You’ll save a boat load on the gun & glue. Promise!

Dave,

Since you know where all the good site for food etc. can you tell me what flavor of sauce I should use for a 2001 GMC 4×4 pewter color. Yes I did jinks my delivery vehicle and it is in the shop, just have to wait and see if need to eat it or if I can tape it up and still use it. Never fails though only truck have to pull trailer and I have 3 jobs need done by friday. I just hate useing those loaner vehicles can’t get the seats to fit right.

To bad this article did not say what vehicle was a green product.

Ken Lauzon

Glad you asked Reuben. You can get all the info on green vehicles at:

http://www.epa.gov/greenvehicle/

Thanks Dave, but I guess I won’t be going green anytime soon. I guess they don’t make any 3/4 tons for the ratings or I am blind. Don’t think the top winner 4 Cyl will cut it. Guess that donkey might be looking better by the minute. Hey you suppose it would qaulify if it was painted green or I better off waiting for Shane’s Haz mat team.

Seth Emery

Yeah Shane, the finished product looked nice and shiny. Wood looks shiny too though when you put polyurethane on it. I don’t know about the cost, but it took more time to fabricate and sand than many other solid surfaces.

Have a nice evening,
    Seth

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.