Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Tom M
    I found this article throiugh a K&B forum.
    Interesting
    reading. Are you prepared for the questions? Have you had any customers
    ask about Green Design? I have only had one so far, and I’m in a state
    that is supposed to be sensitive to that.

Tom

Tom M
    I saw Erica post on this early in your FabNet history, but I did not see many responses. Is this just not worth worrying about at this time?

Shane Barker

Tom,

I have spent a lot of time in the last three or four months looking at Green products, I believe we all should be prepared. I have already seen things come spec’d for Green and I will be ready with at least a few products to offer by the end of the year. It is amazing how many products are out there when you start looking.

Shane

Seth Emery

We fabricated a sample vanity top in Alkemi recently. It looked nice when finished, but needed to be sealed as some of the aluminum fragments become exposed when it is machined/sanded. The first sheet we got in had multiple cracks in it. The replacement sheet wasn’t cracked, but it was bowed enough that we couldn’t rout the cove on the CNC. It took awhile to sand also.

Have a good evening,
    Seth

Shane Barker

I recently got a sample of the Alkemi and we built up the edge with a roundover and did a seam just to see how it was to work with. I thought it looked pretty cool but between the price of the sheets and the work involved it came out to be too expensive for the project we were working on.

Did yours finally come out okay Seth?

Shane

Tom,

That article was interesting. How do you suppose they would actually rate Avonites recycled colors they have.

Shane,

In this article is talked about the formaldehyde and that made me think of you guys in California. Someone yold me that they were trying to pas legislation that the house had to be test for formaldehyde levels after construcrtion work and if the levels were to hogh the offending material had to be replaced. Is that true or someone just yanking my stupid sign. Also have they made you get away from using flamable adheasive for laminates and switch to water based stuff? Curious as to what we need to be prepared for inthe future cause seems whatCalifornia does eventually they try to make us all switch?

Shane Barker

Reuben,

I know formaldehyde has been an issue for a long time but it has not affected us yet. There is a particle board now that is formaldehyde free or close to it so I am sure we will be going to that in the near future. As far as the contact we are still using the good stuff here but it has been ban in most of California. I will keep using it until I cant buy it anymore.

Shane

Tammy Olson

Jesus, Mary & Joseph, when exactly will the fabricators on this board be delivering their products via mule?

Actually Dave I have thought about it for a couple of jobs where in the middle of the pasture with the cows in the front yard.Also not bad idea if it breaks down then at least you have something you can eat afterwards.

Shane Barker

The problem is having the hazmat team following behind to collect the byproducts.

Shane

KCWOOD

I had one customer look at the Avonite recycled “green”.. but when the price came in at a gazillion dollars a sheet, they went with something different. To me, recycled means, “free” raw materials, so don’t tell me the cost is double of a regualr sheet. No matter what it is made of, it all abotu price, price , and then price….

kc

Well Reuben, since you want to eat your delivery vehicle, all in the name of political correctness, please visit this site: http://www.lard.net/donkey.html

Donkey

KCWOOD

Dave, Once again, I’m going to ask how you know of this site……..

are you originally from Florida?? : )

Todd

Geeez KC, Reuben wanted to eat his delivery vehicle. I was just trying to help a brother out! Born in

Florida Florida , visited China China .

KCWOOD

Dave, that is nothing that therapy will not help. Now I know you are from Florida explains why you know of websites that all of us plain common midwest guys never heard of. I now know why the elections went so bad there, you all were surfing the net instead of listening how to punch a ballot.

Just kiddin.. 🙂 By the way, I need a new 3m gun.. you got one?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.