Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Do you have something for sale? Use the new “FOR SALE” section to sell your stuff. Upload a picture and include a brief description. Be sure to add your contact information. The Section is moderated, so once your ad is approved you will see it listed. This is absolutely free to all registered members. SPAM or vendor sales will not be permitted.

Andy

Kevin Cole

FOR SALE OR TRADE: Heavily used black laminate countertops painted with white enamel by not-so-good do-it-yourself wife while I was out of town. Came original with home, were ugly as black and even worse as “Brilliant White Enamel.” Plenty of square feet to choose from. Willing to trade for new or slightly used solid surface or quartz countertops that fit same space. May consider a trade for a hot poker or other device to blind myself so I don’t have to look at them anymore. [EMO]crying.gif[/EMO]

— Kevin

Mory Ludwick

Kevin,

Not willing to buy or trade, but willing to accomodate with purple solid surface. [EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO]

Mory

Kevin Cole

Mory, that actually might be a step in the right direction, although my wannabe designer wife might not agree….

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Kevin,

Don’t you know anyone in the solid surface industry that may be able to help you out?

Come on now Kevin!

I’m sure the wife was giving it her best!

Also, I have a fire engine red color that might work for you! You just let me know.

Val

OM

Norm Walters

Andy and Mory, I see you both have your pictures on your post, I was considering following suit until I thought about what happened the last time I posted my pic.[EMO]confuse.gif[/EMO]

Mory Ludwick

Come on Norm, you have to admit it was pretty funny. We really did get alot of mileage out of that.

Mory

Kevin Cole

I didn’t see the ad featuring Norm, someone please clue me in!

As for the fire engine red, that actually might not be too bad, I saw some great pics that DuPont sent me of a kitchen done in red that really looked good, although, once again, my wife may not think its such a good idea for “our” kitchen.

Anyone have any idea how to remove enamel from laminate?

–Kevin

KCWOOD

I knew someone that removed paint from a masonite/tile-like backsplash. They used some sort of enviro-friendly citrus paint remover. Worked great for them and no bad smell.

Things that make you go “hummmm”

KCWOOD

Kevin,

Now that i think about it… maybe that is your wifes way of demanding a new countertop. My wife cannot stand it that I build new kitchens for everyone but her. She has a 20 yr old kitchen, but I tell her that is what is like to be married to a craftsman. I tell her the electricians wife is complaining about lights that don’t work. the plumbers wife is complaining about the toilet stopping up… I tell her that is just all part of it.

So with that said, Andy can you remove the post that says your wife is looking to hire another shop to do work for her. I really do not want my wife getting any ideas from that post! Maybe I can hold my wife off for a while longer.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Kelsey,

Do you really want me to remove it? [EMO]confuse.gif[/EMO]

KCWOOD

nah….. just kiddin

Kevin Cole

Hey KC:

I’m sure it is her way of telling me she wants new countertops, but it’s not in the budget. Now if she wanted an article written, I think I could manage that, hahaha.

I’m thinking maybe a “grafitti remover” might take it off, but I’m worried I will end up with damaged black laminate…. Do you know the name of that citrus stuff?

— Kevin

KCWOOD

I believe they bought it at either Walmart or Ace Hardware… I do not know the name of it.

Yeah, I used the “not in the budget” once. Then after that I bought a golf club…. then after that I had to hide any other purchases…. to keep peace in the family [EMO]bigsmile.gif[/EMO]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.