Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Posted By Norm Walters on 03 Jun 2009 08:26 PM
    Tom, as a manufacturer you can spend all the millions you want on marketing, but if you don’t take care of blatant warranty issues in a timely manner your fabricator will stop selling your product. You know as well as I that you can switch a customer from one material to another because they rely on your expertise to steer them in the right direction, it just not good business sense to expedite warranty issues.

Norm:

So we are to believe that your customers just woke up one morning and the damage just appeared? Perfectly good installed estone just suddenly developed heat-like symptoms on its own? Norm, if there are any “blatent” issues, they aren’t with the manufacturer here.

This is kind of like being pregnant. You either are or you’re not. Either these issues appeared by themselves or the customers are fibbing. I’m the last guy to walk point for manufacturers, but I’ve got to this time.

Just to humor me, look under their sink for some nasty chemical cleaners. Sneak it out and try to replicate the burns. Peek for a 20,000 watt blowdryer in the bathroom.

Joe

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Kowboy on 03 Jun 2009 10:19 PM

Posted By Norm Walters on 03 Jun 2009 08:26 PM
    Tom, as a manufacturer you can spend all the millions you want on marketing, but if you don’t take care of blatant warranty issues in a timely manner your fabricator will stop selling your product. You know as well as I that you can switch a customer from one material to another because they rely on your expertise to steer them in the right direction, it just not good business sense to expedite warranty issues.

Norm:

So we are to believe that your customers just woke up one morning and the damage just appeared? Perfectly good installed estone just suddenly developed heat-like symptoms on its own? Norm, if there are any “blatent” issues, they aren’t with the manufacturer here.

This is kind of like being pregnant. You either are or you’re not. Either these issues appeared by themselves or the customers are fibbing. I’m the last guy to walk point for manufacturers, but I’ve got to this time.

Just to humor me, look under their sink for some nasty chemical cleaners. Sneak it out and try to replicate the burns. Peek for a 20,000 watt blowdryer in the bathroom.

Joe

Joe,

I must say have you are wrong on this.  I installed some solid surface once and the material turned white.  It was a chemical problem within the material and it had nothing to do with the owner.  It does happen.

Norm Walters

Joe, the manufacturer has already accepted this as defective material, all I am debating is the time it takes to remedy a valid warranty claim.

Brian Stone

Three months is way too long. That’s something that should be taken care of within a couple weeks of the manufacturer saying that they would replace it.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Post the name of the manufacturer and see what happens. You might see it expedited.

Wags

Or you may get a new mfg Rep Norm I agree with you. I always looked at a warranty problem as a selling opportunity. Acknowledge if it really is a mfg problem and then get it resolved in a timely manner. The customer (and fabricator) will tell everyone about the problem and how you “took care of it”. Drag your feet and no matter what you do they will never be happy, and they will tell everyone that also.

Keep us informed.

Norm Walters

I informed the manufacturer’s rep that I was going to post the delay on here and that they have a week to schedule the replacement. If I don’t get a replacement date within a week I wlll tell you who it is, that’s only fair at this point.

In his initial post, Norm asked, “Has anyone ever seen anything like this?” and I must say “No.”

Norm, you got the manufacturer to take responsibility, so stay on ’em until you get satisfaction.

This is why I like participating here. You learn something new now and then.

Joe

Norm Walters

The issue with the engineered stone tops has been corrected. The manufacturer was Cambria. They replaced all of the tops in the kitchen and bathroom of the home in question. They paid for the tear-out, replacement tops, install, and plumbing disconnect and hookup. The customer is happy and so am I. Thank you Cambria.

Chris Yaughn

Good to hear.

I wish ours worked out that well.  We got a replacement slab.

No Fab, Tear out,No FREIGHT etc…  Ours was a bowed slab issue. The problem may well have come from storage at  the “distributor”.  Given Cambrias lack of normal distribution network, maybe we were lucky to get  a slab. 

Glad yours worked out.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I don’t think the fabricators demand full replacement when it is clearly the fault of the manufacturer. We are just happy to get the material and figure fabrication and installation is just part of it.

Good to hear that you got what you deserved and your customer is happy to refer you as a contractor.

Posted By Andy on 13 Jul 2009 07:02 PM
    I don’t think the fabricators demand full replacement when it is clearly the fault of the manufacturer. We are just happy to get the material and figure fabrication and installation is just part of it. 

Andy:

As long as fabricators keep paying the bills of manufacturers, they will continue to let us.

Joe

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Posted By Kowboy on 14 Jul 2009 09:20 AM

Posted By Andy on 13 Jul 2009 07:02 PM

Andy:

As long as fabricators keep paying the bills of manufacturers, they will continue to let us.

Joe

TRUE, very true.

Norm,
    Even though they dragged thier feet, I’m glad they come through.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.