Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    Tom M

I hope you have a good show. You already have a good product.

Tom, Easy to tell if I been drinkin… If I post after 5pm …. welll…..um..

Ok somtimes 4:30 or so.. lol

Gordon Shell

Travis,
    any thoughts on the new lt-55?

Gordon Shell

New LT-55 tablet revealed at the show!

Gordon, It is really nice. I am definately upgrading.

Seth Emery

Dennis,

What did you end up going with? How is it working out?

Seth

Seth,

Thanks to the FabNet, we were able to purchase a used Outline Technologies digitizing table. After some rearranging in our shop, and some computer issues, it is up and running great. I actually used your tutorial on LISP commands to create a custom digitize toolbutton in AUTOcad, as to bypass the intellicad software that the previous owners were using. The guy at Outline also sent us a backup copy of the software with the 07 Enhanced software package.

For us, a table was the way to go over the LT55 or Phototop, because our Granite Fabricators are all manual, and our Silestone Fabricators will not fab from a Laser. Now we can make all our templates the same way, digitize the ones for our solid surface fabrication, and send the others to our stone fabricators.

The cost to us was far less than either the laser or phototop, and in our area, (Seattle,WA – Vancouver,BC) all of the big shops use digitizing tables rather than digital templates. It allows room for growth without having to make sizable investments to have multiple templators.

Seth Emery

Dennis,

I’m glad to hear that you’re happy with your decision. I’d like to see what’s new in the 07 Enhanced software package. My employer’s software must be from around 2002. One thing that would be nice is to be able to enter more characters for the filename. Ours only allows eight. I’ll have to see if I can find a link to Outline Technologies.

That’s cool you were able to use the LISP tutorial in creating the digitize button. What CAM program do you use? Do you nest in AutoCAD? I have some LISP programs that I use for nesting that really help me out.

Have a nice evening,
    Seth

Would you be willing to share some of your LISP files? And where can I learn more about creating them?

I nest some parts but not all. Often it is easier for us to cut edge buildup manually than to nest it on the CNC.

We have an AXYZ CNC, and we use the toolpathing software that came with it.
    I really wish it was set up to run inside AutoCad like the Komo. It would be nice to only have to use i program instead of 3.

Dennis, If you use acad and toolpath, what nesting software do you use? Autodesk has a nesting plug in you can buy. I downloaded a trial version but couldnt figure it out.

Seth Emery

Dennis,

Here are a couple LISP programs that I use frequently:

This one changes a line to Layer – 0, Color – ByLayer, Linetype – Hidden, and Linetype Scale – 10. This is how we represent cabinetry, supports, etc.

(defun c:hi10 ()

;define the function

; This command changes the selected object’s

;**********************************************************

;Start of Command Function

(command “Change” pause “” “Properties” “layer” “0” “color” “ByLayer” “Ltype” “Hidden” “ltscale” “10” “”

) ;End Command

;End of Command Function

(princ)

;finish cleanly

;end of defun

This one lets you to offset an object .3 units and then it changes the new object to Layer – 0 and Color – ByLayer. We use a 1/4″ diameter tool to rout 1/2″ solid surface, so this helps show where the tool will cut. I used to just offset .3, but the osnaps caused me to offset on the wrong side of the object and I didn’t realize it because the line was the same color. This prevents that. It helps if you create your parts for nesting on separate layers with colors other than white. You can just change the .3 on the fifth line to whatever the spacing is that you want to show.

(defun c:opoint3 ()

;define the function

;Start of Command Function

(command “Offset” “.3” pause pause “”

“Change” “Last” “” “Properties” “layer” “0” “color” “ByLayer” “”

) ;End Command

;End of Command Function

(princ)

;finish cleanly

) ;end of defun

If you created a notes.lsp file like shown in the LISP blog entry, you can just paste these LISP commands in there. I’ll post some more commands later. If you need anything, just ask.

Have a good day,

Seth

Seth Emery

Dennis,

I was just wondering why it is sometimes easier for you to cut out build-ups manually rather than on the CNC? Do they not vacuum well?

Seth

Does anyone know if Outline Technologies went out of business or sold? I am replacing the computer that is attached to our fast track digitizer table and thought it would be nice to upgrade the software. I see that the web site is now a technology blog and an attempt at calling Outline Technologies number that I have on file here led me to a disconnected number. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.