Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Andy Graves
    Keymaster

To all members,

The FabNet was designed to be FREE for everyone. You the individual can choose your level of participation. Write and article with your company byline, add to the resource section for other members to share, join a “Member” Project and participate in a member only area. It is up to you.

My point is that all this discussion about an association and the banter back and forth is counter productive. What happened to the discussions about countertop fabrication?

Let’s not go down the same road that all the other place have gone. Let’s use the FabNet as a tool to grow your business.

Is anyone with me on this?

Norm Walters

I’m with you Andy, I think you should delete that whole thread, or just keep your original post and lock it.

FLGranite

Norm and I and his son had a discussion today at the Fed Headquarters about countertop production as it relates to the Cove router review. So, I’m with you to get this train back on track!

Same here, I am lost with most this stuff. I am here to learn and to pass on any knowledge (or lack there of) I have to a fellow fabricator!

I am still considered new in the “Fabrication World”, I personally would be scraping by worse than I am if it was not for you guys (and Gals) here on FabNet!!

Jon Olson
    Sounds Good Andy.
    Mory Ludwick

DITTO

Mory

Len Smith

Absolutely.

Karl Crooks

Let’s not go down the same road that all the other place have gone. Let’s use the FabNet as a tool to grow your business.

Well spoken Andy !!! Thanks for the Fab Net !

Kevin Cole

Well, the key is to participate in a thread if you have anything positive to add or wish to support it.

I seldom go into the CNC forum because we don’t have a cnc, so it has zero value for me, at this time. I can see the day when I read it from back to front once we get the point that we need a cnc, so it will have much value to me then.

What you don’t see is me going in there when I am not interested.

I agree that the talk of an associaton too up way to much time and effort. What should have entailed was those interested pitching in without having to defend their actions to anyone. In the end, I guess it identified those who were serious enough to take the heat from those who were watching to see what was popular.

It seems a truce has been called, I am all for it.

Len Smith

Al,

I don’t know you personally, but your online persona indicates that you only want feedback if it supports your presuppositions, and anything else is negative. Even your ‘truce’ post here divides people into two camps: those who are ‘serious’ and those who only want to be popular.

I’ve seen at least three posts where you’ve told people to take a hike if they’re opposed to your ideas.

This bodes very poorly for an association leader, who must be able to take conflicting points of view and synthesize them into a path forward. Though you may not want to believe it, people only gave your their point of view because they wanted you to have a more fully informed point of view, which you seem not to want. I won’t post on this again, but you might want to give some of your fellow fabricators a little more credit.

Editor

Len

You are on record as being dead seat against forming an association. That is your right. You have told “people” to take a hike on your forum as well, as is your right and your responsibility, all because you did not support their views.

So tell me the difference between your views here and your actions?

As an association leader, I need listen only to those who join, not the issfa backers who prefer this thing never get off the ground. Where you stand on issfa, I don’t know, nor is it my business. Point is this, you have not decided to participate, therefore I have little reason to listen to your views. Had you joined, then dropped out, I would listen hard and long.

For the record, in writing the bacteria article, I took some heat and used it to make the article better. Reubens, Andy’s, Lenny’s and others ideas and criticizm were taken and used in the spirit that they were intended. The SSA website is being redone by Norm, after I encouraged him to take charge and change anything he wanted. The mission statement for the SSA was written by Tom, without a single comment but “good work” from me. The only ideas I give a hoot about are the ones that others will support and run with. To date, I have heard ZERO ideas from you, just a lot of complaining that something is being done.

NIce personal attack, some will take it as constructive criticizem.

Obviously from reading the last part of your post, I and others must take it that I am ignorant in some way. Had any of the detractors seriously wanted to give me a valid point of view, they would have sent it private email. Instead, they prefer to speak past the issues in an attempt to drive away supporters of the SSA. Not a problem, free speach and all that, just when they attempt to call it something esle. One wonders why some are afraid of a new association?

I wonder how many tried to knock down Andy’s idea of Fabnet when he was starting it?

Len, if you are serious about me lacking some sort of information that I need you are free to post it here and I will read it with an open mind. That said, the SSA is going, it has a rudimentry website under construction, donations for testing have been pledged by supporters ($1,600.00 to date), a bank account will be set up this week or the next, and others are working on the structure book and bylaws.

Tell you what, with your invitati0n, how about I visit the geeks site and you can fire away? Let me know.

Mory Ludwick
    Norm Walters

Mory, there are alot of SSA’s, maybe we should change it to

PSSA – Premier Solid Surface Alliance

Nice ring to it,

Mory Ludwick

WOW!

I can’t believe it. This week I thought I would do a search on the initials SSA. Also, I typed in Solid Surface Alliance. It kept coming up with ISSFA. and alot of other stuff. i did this to see what consumers would end up with. I thought maybe a few little positive suggestions might help, but I see now if anyone gets in the way of the SSA you have nothing but negative comments and sarcasm. So good luck to you all. I hope it all works. By the way Al, you need to get your facts straight. Andy had the Fabricator Network. I called him and asked him for his help and his talent to start moving towards where it is today. But granted, he did 99% of the work. Good Luck.

Mory

Lenny E

Hi all,

Now ya all leave Al alone. I type in solidsurfaceallaince.org and you know what,? that site comes up every time. I for one plan to join SSA, AL please send me sponsorship rates for all the levels.MAybe it willl go nowhere, maybe just be a last stand like the Alamo, or Maybe it take off like gangbusters and be a positive voice for SS.. I think it depends on the will and determination of those decide to participate. Joining just feels right to me. I respect Andys feelings about keeping fabnet seperate, if I were Andy I would have done the same thing.

I think the 2 entitys SSA and FAbnet can work together.

Oh LenSmith, I havent forgotten about Geeks either. I have alot on my to do list, a radiation study, visas to aquire for my next flip, a business to run, some fab pix to get permnission to post, but I will be posting on your site, a new thread with posts which will be hilarious (to some maybe not to some others..heh heh,). Hope it doesnt end up Like my posts at ISSFA or ……. Joe Corlett,s on your site….deleted and/or banned!

Gotta Run,

Lenny

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.