Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

After playing around with different bits, speeds, spindle speeds, etc, we use an Onsrud 1/4″ Super 0 with a 5/8″ cutting length for all 1/2″ material and cut between 390 and 420 inches per minute. They claim I can go quite a bit faster with this short cutting length, and I am sure I will try when I have more time in case of a break.

Jon,

running a bit like that I hope your operator wears full body armour. What are you guys up to now? Please post the pics of more cool stuff you do, we all love that stuff.

John

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

John,

What is the part number of the bit?

Andy,

Onsrud 65-023, its a multi grind upsiral 5/8″ cut length 1/4″ diameter. Love em.

Just stay below 450 they snap there. After a few days come down to 390. Lasts us a couple weeks and our CNC is running nonstop right now.

Jon Olson
    Hello Andy Paul and John. . It’s made by Technik’s Part Number SYIC-41087.It has 20 inserts. Where going to make a mold with it. We just purchased a cool aggregate from Techniks’s Its an angle cutting aggregate.

John if you paste in the Flickr address below my post you can see our most recent stuff. Len Smith told me about Flickr its a great marketing tool for your company. Not only can it host your pictures you can order brochures, posters etc of your work. I just order some brochures that have all of our pictures it was assume and cheaper the cheesy ones I got from Staples.

Andy,

Just an update. Got a southeast 1/4″ multigrind upspiral 3/4″ cutting length from FEDSAWDAVE. Cuts just as good and fast as the Onsrud Super 0. Just have to wait and see if it lasts as long. I will let you know. BTW Dave has both the Onsrud and SE Tools for you. But the SE is available faster.

John

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Jcristina wrote

Andy,

Just an update. Got a southeast 1/4″ multigrind upspiral 3/4″ cutting length from FEDSAWDAVE. Cuts just as good and fast as the Onsrud Super 0. Just have to wait and see if it lasts as long. I will let you know. BTW Dave has both the Onsrud and SE Tools for you. But the SE is available faster.

John

How much is it? Just curious, the Onsrud from Pinske is quite expensive. Would you want to do a review of the Southeast?

Just take a few pictures and let us know the pros and cons. Real simple.

Andy,

I just got my price for it from FEDSAWWES this morning. Couple dollars less per pc than Onsrud and I also think Dave forgot my FAB Net discount on it, but availability is better.

I dont have a problem writing a short review for Fab Net on them, let me just use them a little longer to get the life span out of one. Should burn one up in a few more days.

John

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.