Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Chris Yaughn

Someone felt led and sent our Fostering Bulloch efforts a few dollars , then we heard about 2 kids that are hopefully going back to a Mom that cares for them but fell on some hard times.   That is not always or even most times, the case.

So we squeezed in a trip to wally-world and came home with these.

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/…G_2247.jpg” target=”_blank”>http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/…G_2247.jpg” border=”0″ alt=”Photobucket”>

These will carry them for a few years.  These are the most appropriate models with the most longevity for each child.  Not the cheapest, to get them by.  

Chris Yaughn

Forgot to mention that it was a fabnetter that sent in a donation the day before we found out about the need for these seats. 

An unamed member whose identity shall be protected at all costs, so he doesn’t lose any street cred with his gun totin’ homies

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

That is really cool. Do you have a list of things you need donated?

Chris Yaughn

Not really.  I guess if we were a really polished operation we would, but we usually wait until  we hear about a specific need to start looking for it.

That being said we always need twin mattresses and bunk beds, if anyone has any great brainstorming ideas on sourcing those cheaply.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

I will keep ideas in mind.

Is that a twin mattress with box springs or just the mattress?

Chris Yaughn

usually the ones with the built in springs so that it can be used on a bunk bed also.

Sue Turner

For bunk beds and maybe mattresses you might try Military surplus.

Chris Yaughn

Thanks William. When we look at mil surp auctions the challenge we run into is scale and logistics.

$20 bunk beds are great. But often we would have to buy a hundred of them. Which puts it out of our price range.

Lenny E

Yep Chris, you are correct as usual. Unless you are buying a high dollar item (a suitcase nuke, an M60 tank, A fighter jet, aircraft carrier) you are not going to get  a decent price break for   just one. And even then, the real discount is in the numbers (volume). If its two things  I know well ,from my 2 year stint in the Foreign Military Sales Program (Egypt Project)……. its logistics and military surplus weapons.

The higher you go up the food chain (closer to the source, i.e. military) the better a deal you will get. I pay almost top dollar for buying 1-2 military rifles at a time for my own use/enjoyment, from big distributors (buyers-  resellers) but I do catch a deal from time ot time when I buy several crates of ammo at once (5-6000 rounds).

There were  some corrupt Chinese Brass (general level- back in the day trying to sell broomhandle mauser pistols, like Hans Solo used in Star wars,  that go for a thousand bucks or more each if in good shape). They had them stashed in caves since the end of the commie revolution (1950) , all rusted to hell. 100,000 of them, for 10 bucks each. Only catch was, you had to buy them all!

Chris Yaughn

Andy, are you anywhere near barstow?

Sue Turner

Chris, Andy is about 100 miles or so from Barstow.  Myself about 30 miles use to do quite a bit of work there.

Sue Turner

Chris, Andy is about 100 miles from Barstow, myself 30 miles just down the road.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

Yea, I’m some distance from Barstow. Why you ask?

Chris Yaughn

http://www.govliquidation.com/aucti…vertTo=USD

I know there is no way to make freighting it across the country, make sense.  But I had to rn the numbers and try.

i know of 8 places that need beds right now.

Lenny E

I don’ t  know  who this A hole secret donater to Chis is , but if me and the rest you fab-netters got off our collective asses and donated to Chris , he could make a difference for those kids.

I’m gonna make a one time donation just to match  his secret donator! I’m good for 100 bucks Chris! How bout ya all Fabnetters?Can you put your money where your mouth  is?   Are your balls as big as mine..or you got little , tiny shriveled up raisins for scrotums?

Just sayin!

Come on guys! …Its for the kids!
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.