Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Sean Raithel

I have a glass with ice and ****** sitting on my Staron computer desk top as I type. I always do. What water spots?

Occasionally in the solid surface countertop business you will run across a call back for water spottting. Always turns out that when looking at a low angle, like from the living room, and at a particular time of day, the “water spotting” in question.

Allways an unhappy soccer mom with more issues than her countertop would ever have, even if it was granite….

Peter Luo

Sorry Al, not on these Staron tops. Never seen it. Matter of fact, I’m leaving a glass full of ice & water on them tonight. They’ll be no…nothing on them in the morning.

Soccer Dave

Gp stone

It’s all about the water ain’t it?

The water back in Southwest Kansas would leave a ring on anything if it was allowed to evaporate!

Dave,

I wasn’t clear, no such thing as water spotting except on some local or regional poured brands of solid surface. My point was it was all in their heads or just polishing imperfections that would show up on any polished surface regardless of the level of perfection. Just light refraction…

Ken Wood

I’m with ya on that Al. Just a puddle of water there this morning. Wiped it up, nothing there. My wife suggests I keep the Drinks in a Tervis Tumbler…no sweating. However, I see where differant waters mineral content could leave some type of residue albeit easily cleaned up.

Randy Evans

This is the most recent post on the GardenWeb Corian thread that I referenced earlier….just thought you guys might enjoy seeing this one:

“Mine is pink with black speckles and nothing shows. Scratches show slightly in the solid pink sink, though. It’s too light to show water deposits–and everyone has different water so it’s hard to advise about water deposits without living somewhere first. I clean with 409, dish soap, Comet, whatever. A plastic scrubby Scotchbrite might even out the finish a bit, but try it out on the cutting board (if you got one) before tackling everything. I use it on stuck on spots on my Corian and the sink with no bad effects.

My Corian is around 25 years old and if it weren’t so hideously ’80s, you’d think it was new. I treat it like &$@* and it refuses to be defeated.”

Tom M

This lady has either Fountainhead Rose Matrix or Corian Pink Coral.

It’s a bet.

Sue Turner

Tom, I did a job years ago in Corian Pink Coral for a very nice older lady. She really liked pink, she had Red Oak Cab. stained to a red hue and her wallpaper was very large strawberries.

When I installed the Corian the whole Kit. and Dinning are glowed PINK!!! It made me sick to look at it but she was in love with it. Her house, her choice and the main thing she was happy.

Tom M

william,

When the Pink Coral first came out, we were deluged with requests for it. In the right kitchen – often with the Oak cabs you mentioned, it looked really good. I’m not a big fan of red on red in design, and I see your point, but these really can look nice.

I could do without the strawberries, though.

Andy Graves
    Keymaster

People with hard water will see water spots. But, that will be the case on any surface.

Ever see water spots on a black car, impossible to clean off.

Karl Crooks

Andy wrote

People with hard water will see water spots. But, that will be the case on any surface.

Ever see water spots on a black car, impossible to clean off.

Andy is so right and said it all so simple. It’s funny when people complain about the spots showing on counter tops, but think its ok to have the same spots on stove tops.

Oh no it’s water spots!

Well said Andy!

People can be so picky about things… which came first? The hard water or the item I am bitching about that it evaporated on. Should I fix the water or the item it spotted on. The car wash guys figured it out… spot free rinse.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.